1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Table or Booth?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Aug 11, 2016.

?

Table or Booth

1. Table

9 vote(s)
    24.3%
  2. Booth

28 vote(s)
    75.7%
  1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

And I like commodes that have that handle thing on a chain. Tessio!

Joe Williams and spikechiquet like this.
  2. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

We have a winner. Even when I eat alone, I find I can stuck in a booth where I can't stretch my legs all the way (and I'm only 6'0). Tables all the way for me if I have a choice, whether I'm with anyone else or not.

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Not a huge booth fan, but I like booths when they are U-shaped though.

4. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

My mom's a people-watcher, so I always have to sit on the side with the most dull view. She loves those buffet things, and at this one, our booth was against the wall, my facing it and her watching the crowd, of course. Kacy's on Monroe Street; I remember the place.

As I was getting my food, I saw someone she knew and, returning to the booth, told her about it. She craned her neck around me, trying to see, then continued to scoot toward the end of the booth to try to get a look at the person. She kept leaning and sliding over and finally fell over, winding up completely sprawled out on the floor.

Had we been sitting at a table, she was have just moved her chair over and I would have missed a fantastic moment that I still rag her about. (On the off-chance she had tipped over in a chair, I probably would have fallen out, too, because I was laughing so hard. That wouldn't have been so funny.)

To this day, every time I sit in a booth across from her, I remember that day and completely crack up.

Booth. All the way.

SpeedTchr and Vombatus like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted