1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Table or Booth?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Aug 11, 2016.

?

Table or Booth

1. Table

9 vote(s)
    24.3%
  2. Booth

28 vote(s)
    75.7%
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

2. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Of course, they can then just carry on a conversation with the folks in the next booth.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Good point. It's like airplanes. The little kids stand on the seats and stare you down and you feel like you're supposed to entertain them or something.

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I'm right handed, but I eat with my left hand, so I feel your pain because I'm always bumping up next to the righties. I need to go out to eat with left-handed friends more often.

5. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Tables all the way. I need to be leaner but it seems in most booths I have to sit really upright because I am tall.

I like being able to kick back a bit and reposition the chair.

6. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

The dude in the background always bugged me. STOP LOOKING AT THE CAMERA!
    They should have had someone sitting with him to fake a conversation.

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

That's me, too. I just sit on the side that keeps my left hand away from whoever's next to me. In a booth this often means bumping up against a wall, but after a certain amount of time you get used to these things.

I go with a booth for a number of reasons. The wobbly chair thing (of course, if the booth table is wobbly, that's a major problem) and in a booth you don't have other people - wait staff, customers - walking by and bumping into you. In my estimation it reduces the chance you'll have a drink spilled on you.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Booth
    So much better for client discussions; also when I was single it was more intimate.

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

But it allows you to discreetly feel each other's inner thighs.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

... In a restaurant ...

Which is creepy.

Vombatus likes this.
  11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Client ... discussions ... lol

(This is at Ben's on 38th)

Screen shot 2016-08-12 at 7.26.20 AM.png

12. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

One of the biggest surprises in SJ history - @Vombatus did not LIKE this post!

Vombatus likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted