1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Table or Booth?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Aug 11, 2016.

?

Table or Booth

1. Table

9 vote(s)
    24.3%
  2. Booth

28 vote(s)
    75.7%
  1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Sure, once in a while, you get that perfect booth and they usually have cushy seats. But, as Reacher says, if there's a fixed table at a booth, there's no maneuverability and you can easily (more often than not) be too close or too far away for comfortable eating. I'm also with Amy that I hate being part of a group of four at a booth, especially if I'm on the inside. So, two at most for a booth. Also, at the end of a meal, I have a habit of turning my chair a little sideways and crossing my legs. Can't do that in a booth. On balance, I'll take my chances with a table.

2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

In a booth with your date/SO, do you sit across from each other or next to each other?

Usually not an issue at a table, as couples are mostly placed at tables for two, or for four with a chair on each side

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Across.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Two people dining, with no one else present, and sitting on the same side of a booth is creepy.

SFIND, SpeedTchr, expendable and 2 others like this.
  5. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Yep. Controlling husband comes to mind.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Jake_Taylor likes this.
  7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Or a handjob

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Katinka Hosszú and her coach sit on the same side of the booth when they dine out?

9. expendable

Well, in that case, Godspeed.

10. expendable

She sits on the floor.

11. [​IMG]

JackReacher likes this.
  12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Chances at containment are still much better in a booth. You have a built-in, impenetrable defense in three of the four directions.

Draft saved Draft deleted