1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Table or Booth?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Aug 11, 2016.

?

Table or Booth

1. Table

9 vote(s)
    24.3%
  2. Booth

28 vote(s)
    75.7%
  1. I didn't know this was debate.
    I mean, Jerry and the gang always wanted the booth... But really, what group of grown up adults wants to sit in a booth, where you have to slide in out to let someone else out?
    I prefer tables. Unless I have small children and need the booth for crowd control.
    I'll take a table so long as its level and the dining room isn't small and packed.

2. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Booth. And you're correct, this is not a damn debate.

Jake_Taylor and LongTimeListener like this.
  3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I have a table at home. I don't need to go to a restaurant for one.

fossywriter8 and expendable like this.
  4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I vote booth, unless it is a strip club.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I'm with Evil.

Boothes for keeping the kids at bay. Otherwise, tables are the clear choice.

6. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Whatever has the most cushioning for my ass, which almost always means booth.

8. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

With the kids: Booth
    On a date: Booth
    Double: Booth
    Drinks after golf: Bar

Just this week, one of my friends and I met for dinner at a restaurant that had just remodeled after a flood. They switched from booths to tables. When we get together, we like to throw back a few beers as we catch up and watch whatever game is on. The tables were uncomfortable. We ate, left and then went to a different place to drink.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I like the idea of booths, but sometimes they can be uncomfortable. The booth table is up in your ribs or the seats are too narrow for two.

10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Table. Inevitably someone on the inside of the booth will have to use the restroom, which means getting up to let them out and getting up again to let them back in.

The worse are the circular booths that seat five or more. Beside being cramped, the person in the middle is always the one who has to pee.

I Should Coco and Huggy like this.
  11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  12. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

The one reason I usually go for a table, if I have the option. (And yes, I do need to lose weight so I can eliminate that problem).

Draft saved Draft deleted