1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

T-Wolves sack Randy Wittman

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by suburbia, Dec 8, 2008.

1. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Robert Mondavi and Chi Chi Larue. The celebrity lineage, it appears, is endless.

2. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

Yes, it is.

3. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Former governor Rudy Perpich was also from Hibbing, I believe.

And the high school there is famous. It was built in 1920 at a cost of $4 million. It'd be $50 million to replace it today. Most of the money for it was provided by the mining companies. The auditorium is famous for its chandeliers, which were imported from Europe. I think the school building is on the National Historical Registry. Hopefully McHale goes back.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

As a Pacers fanboilooser, I would have to disagree, in the sense that some of Bird's worst deals were forced upon him by players who had become pariahs among the team and the community for the way they shot on the court and off. (Ba dum BUM)

Plus, getting anything of value for Jermaine O'Neal and his staggering contract is a victory in and of itself.

Of course, none of this excuses trading a first-round pick for Al Harrington, then trading Harrington a few months later.

5. zimmaniac06

zimmaniac06 Member

Fair enough, but he's definitely made some questionable moves and I think he'd be better off as a coach (had some decent success on the Pacers bench). Let's see what he's able to do with their cap space after they get rid of Tinsley and (hopefully) Dunleavy and/or Murphy

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The Isiah Thomas Doctrine: when a highly-publicized ex-player absolutely fucks up a franchise with incompetent GM moves, kick him downstairs into the coaching job, let hm reap the results of his own blunders. Plus, save on the double salaries.

7. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

Anybody wanna guess what Flip might be doing next year?

If he wants to.

Draft saved Draft deleted