1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

T.O. to Ed Werder: "Next question"

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by spud, Oct 31, 2008.

1. I thought David Joseph was a pretty decent guy

2. Moland Spring

Moland Spring Member

What's also interesting is that Werder was apparently one of two guys that Bill Parcells actually spoke to and confided in on the beat. Apparently, TO hasn't gotten the memo.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I'll say this -- haven't heard a word of complaint about this from Ed Werder. He's able to handle it professionally.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

totally agree with those rallying to defend werder. he's never been anything but a true professional. this t.o. fellow? we all know what his track record is. what is there to debate? ??? ??? ???

5. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

I worked with Ed at two different stops and he's one of the best, hard-working reporters I've ever met. He's a high-energy guy who earns his insider track with the likes of Parcells, and that sort of thing doesn't come easy. Ed's also a good guy, and he'll scratch your back before you scratch his.

Ed is in that fraternity of long-time, ink-stained writers like Chris Mortenson who paid their dues for years hustling as newspaper writers and developing good sources that have made them true TV journalists, unlike pretty faces who get stuff handed to them only because they are on TV.

Say what you want about Brent Musberger, but the guy paid his dues for a number of years as a print guy before segueing into TV about 35 years ago---he was a trendsetter; yes, a bit hyperbolic as a TV announcer, but again he worked to get there.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Ed Werder works for the Mouse, which means he already has two outs and two strikes on him as far as some on this board are concerned.

7. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

So am I to take it here that a knock against Ed Werder on this particular thread is a kudos to T.O.Now there's a real fine human being and poster boy for "work ethic".

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I'm no T.O. apologist, and he has obviously been a preening prima donna at times, but I'm not going the question the guy's work ethic.

You don't get to where he has, or have the career he's had so far without being very talented, and working your arse off.

As an aside, don't make this out to be a knock on Werder, whose resume and work is outstanding.

9. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Fence-sitting appeaser.

10. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Or he did get the memo, and doesn't like Werder since Parcells used him to plant anti-T.O. stuff fairly often

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

fanboi much?

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Yes. What of it? :D

Draft saved Draft deleted