1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

T.O. to bankrupt an indoor football team

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Stitch, Dec 29, 2011.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I was going to say three TDs is a mediocre game in indoor football, but it looks like it was a low-scoring game -- 50-30.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

So the ESPN announcer was also the team's General Manager? WTF?

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

ESPN just took the feed from the local Time Warner sports channel. Production values were similar to high school games on local TV.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Looks like 50 percent of a Indoor team doesn't buy you as much as it used to...TO's foreclosed on.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/27/terrell-owens-foreclosure_n_1302896.html

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

So who didn't see this coming:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/terrell-owens-cannot-tolerated-even-ifl-232626766.html

6. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

I get email from IFL Public Relations. Got the release about T. O. yesterday and had to keep from laughing out loud (that is, until I saw he did not keep the obligation about hospitalized children -- that made me angry). He's through. Finished. It's over.

Also caught parts of his appearance on Dr. Phil. As soon as I figure out who was wasting their time more during THAT hour, I will let you know.

Enjoy your retirement from football, T. O.

I know many of us will once you finally leave.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I've enjoyed the TO saga as much as anybody, but at this point it should be clear to everyone that the guy is seriously mentally ill and is never going to be right. It has gotten sad and I just have a hard time making fun of it anymore.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It's interesting that you brought up mental illness. Anyone know if TO had any concussions?

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I am sure he has, but in his case the damage was done before he ever got to the NFL. With that upbringing and the state of his family life even after he got to the NFL, there was a pretty low chance of him ever getting right.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Something changed in TO in his last years with the 49ers. I thought he'd go down in 49ers lore forever, ala Dwight Clark, after the catch in traffic in the playoffs vs. Green Bay, but now he's just another washed-up player whose bark was his bite.

Draft saved Draft deleted