1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

T.O. still a jackhole, now friendless and near-broke

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jan 25, 2012.

1. http://www.gq.com/sports/profiles/201202/terrell-owens-nfl-football-wide-receiver

2. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Pathological and diabolical, but I kind of felt sorry for him after reading that story.

3. bpoindexter

bpoindexter Active Member

That, IMO, was a very well-written story and pretty well-edited, too.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

But the T.O. Show was outstanding.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Damn, very well written which gives me a better understanding of TO. As a 49er fan I enjoyed his burst into stardom but soured when he went after Garcia, the guy who made him a star. I knew he had a rough upbringing but no idea it was that bad. Too bad that he lost his $$ if he really did trust the outsiders (I never advise a client about business ventures).

Would have a been a great reunion with the 49ers this year, they needed him but certainly no way Harbaugh was risking that.

I wish him well.

7. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

He is going to get $1000/game in the IFL while pnly playing home games. Word on the street is the Allen Wranglers are asking teams to pay him an extra $2,000/game for him to play at their place.

He gets 1/3 ownership in the team as well (which is a load because indoor football makes NO money).

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Is he responsible for a third of the debts?

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

How many reasons to live does he have now?

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

This is what happens when you spend more time on your abs than making crucial life decisions. Such as, oh, where are my earnings going.

The electronic bingo line made me laugh out loud.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

12. In fairness ... I'd kill to have those abs.

Draft saved Draft deleted