1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

T.O. Show

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Trey Beamon, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

The longer the show went, the more scripted it seemed. Also, the you're right about the publicists -- it seemed like the focus was more on them for a bit last night.

2. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

From what I saw, it was typical T.O. He didn't want to take responsibility for anything and did whatever he wanted instead of the things his publicists thought needed to be done to improve his image.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

RUSSELL: Well, why am I watching it?

GEORGE: Because it's on TV.

4. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Not yet.

5. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I cracked up when the real estate agent got into the hot tub with her bikini on. Who brings their bikini to a dinner at someone's house? I hated the 2 publicists...I hope he's not paying them too much.

Not sure I'll make the 2nd episode as I just found the whole thing juvenile.

But I still stand by my statement that he has an incredible body.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Same here. It instantly became one of my favorite shows. So funny. T.O. would bang a hole in the wall, I think. And why he stepped out on his ex-fiancee is beyond me. She's smoking hot.

Watching him follow the real estate agent around the house was hilarious.

Highlights from upcoming episodes look solid. Season pass is set.

7. JackReacher

OK...so the newest episode had the wife and I rolling. Most of the show was OK, nothing great, but the very end was fantastic. We replayed T.O. falling off the bed (and his awesome and totally real reaction) at least five or six times. We were in tears.

One of my very first columns when I broke into the newspaper bidness was trashing T.O. after posing on the Dallas star. I hated him. Now, I can't get enough of him. Weird.

8. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

At least the 2nd episode showed a little bit more of a human side. My jury is still out on this.

9. JackReacher

The latest episode was, again, pretty damn good. Apparently, not good enough to rise above like 498th place in the ratings.

Do they promote this show as a Wednesday night show? Because my TiVo records it every Monday morning/afternoon.

10. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I didn't catch the debut, but watched the next few episodes out of sheer boredom.

It wasn't bad at all.

The meeting with dad back home looked possibly staged, but T.O.'s visit with his Alzheimer's-stricken grandmother got me. It's hard to fake what he was feeling at that moment.

Also, that Kari girl he took to the ESPYs is insanely hot.

11. JackReacher

Agreed completely with all of the above. Jessica White ain't bad, either. The look on his face -- staged or not -- when he walked in and saw White sitting on the couch wearing what she was wearing was funny as hell.

I love when he said something to the effect of "I hate leading on two women at the same time." You know full well he went upstairs and took care of bidness.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The ratings for this show have been abysmal. The second episode was tied with a 5 a.m. rerun of Fresh Prince on Nick at Nite.

Draft saved Draft deleted