1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

T-Mobile dumps Catherine Zeta-Jones

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

http://online.wSportsJournalists.com/public/article/SB115923297434173806-MhwUTXKGBvVjSs_kJoPkTnTXM3Q_20061026.html?mod=tff_main_tff_top

The company has decided to drop Ms. Zeta-Jones from its advertising in favor of a more man-on-street approach to marketing, people familiar with the matter say. Ms. Zeta-Jones may continue to appear in some ads until her contract expires next year, but eventually she will be phased out. The amount of her contract wasn't available, but it is valued at several million dollars, the people say.

Ms. Zeta-Jones's representatives declined to comment.

2. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

This has gotta be the first time Catherine Zeta-Jones was dumped for a man on the street......

3. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

This is no man on the street. It's D Wade.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

T-Mobile to Zeta-Jones. Get bent.

Those commercials suck.

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Apropos of very little, if MetroPCS had coverage in my part of the local metro area, I'd dump T-Mobile. Carry on.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

CZJ was very tasteful/sexy as the spokeswoman. But maybe comedy sells cells better,

7. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Bring back Jamie Lee Curtis.

8. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Z-Jay hasn't exactly been doing much lately outside of hawking phones. I feel bad for the look-alike actress who was making good coin rolling her eyes for the other telecom's commercials.

9. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

And before the angry slew of "She's being a mom, you insensitive moron" messages ensues, I'm just saying she wasn't improving her Q-rating by trotting out another Zorro movie. Maybe "Entrapment 2: The Really, Really Big Heist" can get her a new endorsement.

10. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

T-Mobile absolutely sucks as a cell phone service provider. Easily, it's the worst in my region.

It drops more calls than Falcons receivers drop passes.

11. bd11

bd11 Member

She was so hot in Entrapment, as well as that stupid movie with George Clooney.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

And the T-Mobile people got hit upside the head with the Vonnage package for stupid ideas.

Draft saved Draft deleted