1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

T-Minus 39 hours and counting before I take the plunge.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by budcrew08, Apr 30, 2009.

1. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

My wedding is Saturday at 2 p.m. I'm not nervous about getting married, I just want everything to go smoothly and right.. It's supposed to be mostly sunny and about 65 in NYS on Saturday, so I think we dodged the weather bullet. Wish me luck, we really want it! I share the stuff on the site with my fiancee so she'll love the comments and wishes.

Oh yeah, I'll probably live blog here during the reception too, but don't tell her that. I mean, after three_bags_full posted updates during his wife's pregnancy, it's a high bar to reach.

;D

2. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Congrats, budcrew! Just remember that the things that don't go right are the fond memories you'll laugh about at your 25th wedding anniversary. :D

3. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Be sure to cherish the day and make time to visit with family and friends; the hours go much, much too fast.

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

This isn't a wedding, it's a pending divorce.

5. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Congrats! Are you doing the big affair or the private function? I guess with the reception it's the big affair.
    The wife and I celebrate 4 years on the 14th. We were going to go big, but then chickened out and did a very private ceremony on the beach instead. Never regretted a thing.
    Remember that it's what you both want and what you both get out of life and each other that is the best thing. Treasure her with every bit of your life, because she is the most important thing in the world.
    Boy, I'm getting sappy. Oh well, it was worth it!
    Congrats again! Have lots of fun!

6. pallister

pallister Guest

Don't cry.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

ZIng...

8. Congrats, dude!

Been married for almost four months now, and it's been great. Take the wedding as slow as you can, because it's going to fly.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Second this. You never know when you might see some of these people again, and some have probably come from a long way away. You and your bride will have plenty of time to spend together after the reception. Take some time to split up and mingle.
    And on the day of the ceremony, just remember this -- if something minor didn't go quite as planned, or you forgot to do something, there's nothing you can do about it now. Unless the preacher isn't there, or the photographer, or you're locked out of the church or something like that. That stuff, you might want to make a phone call or three.

Oh, and congratulations.

10. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Neither.. not really private, but only about 95 guests total, mostly friends and family

11. dargan

dargan Active Member

Congratulations, bud.

12. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Thanks for the advice and congratulations...

Draft saved Draft deleted