1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

T.J.: Waaaahhhhh!!! My Madden rating is too low!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Jul 22, 2009.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

http://kotaku.com/5319820/nfler-feeling-slighted-by-91-rating-boycotting-madden-10

Just when you think professional athletes can't get any more defensive and leap at any chance to scream that someone doesn't respect them, you've got this clown.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Well, T.J., when a receiver averages less than 10 yards per catch, he's not very good.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Agreed. Try not wetting the bed this year and it may go up.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

So, he couldn't have just been trying to be funny? It's definitely egotism on his part?

5. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Pretty sure he was clowning this, but it can be hard to tell anymore.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I'm actually curious to see if T.J. can be a No. 1 guy in Seattle. Last year's numbers were partly due to having no QB to throw to him, but his production was declining before that, he's got less protection in the PNW, and I don't think he's got the ability to be THE guy. The one thing he does have going for him is the West Coast offense. His skills seem suited for it.

7. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

T. J. H. may think he has a gripe here, but he sounds uneducated the way he puts himself across in this: "I understand I averaged 10 yards a catch, but it's the offense, not me. I'm not playing Madden no more until they get my rating right. ... I used to be the best in the world at Madden. I'm going to miss not playing it, but until they do me right, I' not playing it any more."

What I have highlighted here bothers me more so than his complaining. It could just be me.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Point being, it's hard to tell if any of these guys are kidding, or if their feelings are really hurt.
    The University of Miami, in its heyday, made perceived disrespect an art form.

Draft saved Draft deleted