1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

T.J. Simers' lawsuit against the Los Angeles Times

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mr. X, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Congratulations to T.J. I know he's a divisive figure here, but I liked him as a colleague.

2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

TigerVols and Michael_ Gee like this.
  4. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Un-fucking-believable. Same jury as the O.J. trial??

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Mind-blowing, to say the least. On many levels. Making $234,000 a year at the LAT. Got $190,000 a year from the OCR. Now this.

Tweener likes this.
  6. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

He better donate a big chunk of that to the Mattel Children's Hospital, which he coerced people to contribute to.

7. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I can't fucking believe this.

8. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Journalists are a jealous lot.

TigerVols likes this.
  9. KVV33

KVV33 Member

I have no opinion on TJ, but I'm happy to see the Tribune Company eat one. Sadly, they'll probably deal with it by laying off more people making far less, but I can't blame TJ for more Tribune Co. stupidity.

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's pretty much my takeaway here too.

11. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Well yeah when some people are making 50k or less a year, you can see why they may be upset at a $7.1m award in a lawsuit. Think a lot of people would say they would be fired for 7 mil. But he went for it and he got it. There's also a lot of jealousy and anger from journalists when the corporatists, owners and execs of companies get their millions in bonuses.

I'm not angry at him, but just kind of thinking was he really damaged that badly? Also thinking are companies that stupid to do something that will lead to such a big payout.

12. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

Pretty much sums it up.

Draft saved Draft deleted