1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Syria, Assad and planes and ports

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Doom and gloom, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Ace,
    It gets so confusing around here.

Are Dammit & Break one and the same?

2. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

I thought it was straightforward, but i'll rephrase - just because some here don't think it's right to strip away the civil liberties of many citizens, does not make us apologists for terrorists.

and yes, dammit is an extemist idiot with how rather shoot first and ask questions later.

JR, I am insulted that you would group me into the same sentence like that with Dammit. I am opposing his view and disagree with everything he has said here. not sure how you came to that conclusion.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You might as well talk to yourself, Dog.

Oh, and why do you hate America? :)

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I read it four times and couldn't figure out what you were saying. I thought you were agreeing with Dammit

My apologies.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I understood him. Maybe he should throw some unneccessary vowels in next time.

6. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

JR, it's cool. I may have rambled in my anger with dammit's ignorance and intolerance. it happens.

7. Doom and gloom

Doom and gloom Active Member

Not a clear enemy? Damn Dog, you sure did do a hell of a job describing them, so they must be out there somewhere. You've got a pretty good grip on what and who they are.

But just so we're clear:
    Radical Islam and the countries that support them.

That's the enemy.

And if the rest of the fuckin' world doesn't get smart and export the hell those that live within their midst, including as an example, the nut clerics in England and France, they will pay a dear price. I think they are all prehistoric human refuse that needs to be eradicated, one by one, anywhere we can find them. Nuke them, shoot them, drown them in a sea of shit for all I care. They are worthless, demonic, garbage. And if you think it's about oil, just ask Israel - and of course, you conveniently ignored that issue in your stump speech.

8. Genocide.
    It's not just for Germans any more.

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

So Damnit is really Michael Savage?

10. Trust NoOne

Trust NoOne Member

Somebody should be insulted. I just can't figure out whom.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Back to the original topic, I've got a simple question: How do you racially profile a person's faith?

Muslims don't all look like Arabs and wear a turban. There are Muslims in Bosnia that look like any other European or American. Chechnya, too.

Does the TSA have a religion detector kit?

12. dog428

dog428 Active Member

For some crazy reason, I guessed you wouldn't get the point.

I'll tell you what, since you seem to think that you know exactly who the enemy is and who we need to "eradicate," sit down, write out the list and forward it on to our armed forces. I'm quite sure they'll be more than happy to know who to look for. In fact, I'm betting they'll be thrilled, since they'll be able to stop trying to guess which five guys out of the 3,000 in the Iraq market plan to kill them.

You don't even think about this shit before you type it out, do you? If you did, this thought might enter your mind: Either our guys and girls in the military are having one helluva hard time identifying the enemy, or a rag-tag group of hastily recruited and shoddily trained militia men are stiffling the greatest army in the world.

There's only one way we're going to know who's after us -- intelligence. I know that's been discarded concept under the Bush administration, but maybe, given the trouble we're having, you can see why it's so important. But again, I'm guessing you won't be able to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.