1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Syracuse fires Greg Robinson

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ServeItUp, Nov 16, 2008.

1. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Bingo. They started the line of suck as soon as Gross got Pasqualoni out of there.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Ahh. That's what I get for riffing off the top of my head about the former home state.

I still say it makes sense to only use Cuse for a raise and an extension from UConn.

3. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Wasn't he doing some TV ads recently?

4. derwood

derwood Active Member

Talent base in Connecticut sucks.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

It does. Which is why he recruits the hell out of Florida, PA and Jersey, right?

(I may be wrong there, but I seem to recall that being his base)

6. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Paul P. is one thing, but they had this guy too:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. derwood

derwood Active Member

Mostly PA (his home state I think) but those are the kids that Pitt does not want, same in Jersey. UConn is a tough sell.

8. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

BYH: According to the team's media guide, he has 13 from PA, 8 from NJ and 9 from Fla.
    The 13 from PA is the second most and the 9 from Fla are 4th behind Mass.

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/MFootball/2009/Media%20Guide/3/Numeric.pdf

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

'Cuse isn't much better. It's cold, it's in the middle of nowhere and it snows 11 months a year. But hey that mall is pretty good.

Thanks Bud. I knew I'd read something about Edsall looking for the overlooked kids in those prep hotbeds.

10. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Ha. No it isn't.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Edsall recruits heavily down my way, because he's from the York area. As far as I can tell, he remains by far the finest athlete ever to come out of decidedly non-athletic Susquehannock High School.

He got Zach Frazer after he transferred out of Notre Dame. He got Danny Lansanah from Harrisburg; he's with the Packers now. He does well down here.

12. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Turner Gill is smart enough not to go within 100 miles of Kansas State.

A young, up-and-coming coach with recruiting ties in New York who took Buffalo to a bowl game? Guy's practically tailor-made for Syracuse.

Draft saved Draft deleted