1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Syracuse assistant facing molestation allegations

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Stitch, Nov 17, 2011.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This is starting to look pretty bad.

2. YankeeFan

I'm worried for the innocent victims. I hope this in no way effects the current team or the kids who have worked so hard.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Is it candle-lighting time yet in northern New York?

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

And did ESPN learn something about their previous handling of the Penn State situation, and step up, on this?

Damn right. And good for them.

5. YankeeFan

They have a home game on Tuesday nigh, so they better get going if they are going to heal the campus before then.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

And Bernie's size XXXXL chair will still be empty.

7. sportbook

sportbook Member

Good for them? ESPN was given that audio recording in 2003 and did nothing with it for a decade. Also, ESPN had it when the original piece aired several weeks ago. It held the audio just to see how the parties would react, knowing it held a smoking gun. I'm not sure how I feel about its manipulation of the news.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That recording does seem to qualify as the "corroboration" they said they didn't have in '03.

9. YankeeFan

Yeah, if you have that tape, how much corroboration do you need? That's two people right there.

And, how did they pursue it? Did they ask anyone any questions? Did they stick a mike under the nose of Fine or his wife?

And, from the tape, it appears that while Davis was Fine's "favorite", there were other potential victims.

Doesn't seem like ESPN was much interested in getting to the bottom of this story.

But hey, it only took an additional 8 years.

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

He said ESPN learned something from its handling of the Sandusky thing, which broke this month -- not eight years ago.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Thank you.

12. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

What the hell was going on in that house?

Draft saved Draft deleted