1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Swine flu report on Nightline

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NoOneLikesUs, Nov 12, 2009.

1. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/SwineFluNews/h1n1-victims-healthy-deaths-door-week/story?id=9054126

Anybody watch this last night? I know it's nothing more than the story of two men with the disease, but it was scary as anything I've seen on the news in a while.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I read that a third of all pediatric H1N1 deaths have been healthy kids.

You never know how a virus is going to affect a given person. My brother developed viral meningitis over the summer-- very scary-- had to be hospitalized in his own hospital. They eventually sent him home where his healthy baby girl lives, which freaked me out. But he told me that anybody else who got the virus would likely suffer no more than a cold. He just happened to get brain swelling from it.

Thank God I got my kid vaxed for H1N1, now I just have to find a booster for the little booger.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

But she'll probably catch something for having been in Joisey.

5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I would never take her to Jersey, dools. That was for me. :D I sat in the parking lot looking around and thought about how Tony Soprano and one of his crooked politician buddies could be having a meeting in the next car over.

I keed, I keed the Jersey boys and girls.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Nah, that was spnited taking a payoff to put a kid's triple-double in a hedline.

Draft saved Draft deleted