1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Swin Nash/Cash.... Honest to goodness, what is ESPN thinking?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jason_whitlock, Apr 4, 2007.

1. this is rising to column worthy.

why are they letting this woman make a fool of herself? it's not her fault. she has no business on air. she belongs in a high school broadcasting class. she cannot articulate insightful comments about the nba. she sounds like a 12-year-old talking basketball. at some point, she's going to say "boom goes the dynamite."

why not let her develop the necessary skills off-broadway? why not find a woman with something insightful to say about the nba?

i'm sorry if i'm late to this discussion, but i was totally unaware of this until this weekend. this is the second time i've seen her.

espn is clearly setting this woman up for failure. if this continues, i might have to make some calls to espn looking for an explanation. i have never in my life seen/heard anything like this.

am i overreacting? does anyone have an explanation? this is not affirmative action. someone is playing a bad joke on nba fans and swin nash/cash.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

There's no question about her last name. It's Cash. Always has been.

3. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Why she's in that spot instead of Kara Lawson, I'll never know. It has to be looks. Kara knows her stuff.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Honest to goodness, who gives a flying fuck?

[​IMG]

5. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I've seen people pull a d_b, but I've never seen somebody <a href="http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/39419/">
    d_b their own thread.</a>
    <a href="http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/39264/">
    There is also this thread about her.</a>

Do we really need three threads?

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yeah... only Kentucky basketball, Bama football and American Idol can get three or more threads...

7. Mmac

Mmac Guest

She is indeed completely embarrassingly awful--everything said here is dead-on, but I've stopped questioning ESPN's personnel decisions, they plainly don't make them with guys like me in mind.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

You would think a supposed big-time columnist would know the name of a former All-American basketball player.
    But why should Whitlock let facts get in the way of his massive ego?

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

When you're Whitlock and YOU WANT TO LET EVERYONE KNOW WHAT YOU THINK, yes, it's worth at least three threads.

10. And an AOL column

11. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Is she in Tim Hardaway's class, awfulness-wise?

12. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Yes, every big time columnist has the names of former women's hoops All-Americans memorized verbatim. It's actually part of the test to get on PTI, ATH, Sports Reporters, etc.

Q: What Western Pennsylvania swingwoman dominated WPIALs before moving onto Connecticut?
    A: Swin CashNash!

Draft saved Draft deleted