1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Swin Cash

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Prince of Persia, Mar 28, 2007.

1. I'd like to know who at ESPN thought it would be a good idea to have Swin Cash as an analyst on NBA Shootaround. She is just God awful to listen to and brings nothing to the table. Now I know many people consider Swin a pretty face and maybe that's one of the reasons they have her on there, but she doesn't sound like she has a clue. Listen to her and then listen to Kara Lawson and Stacey Dales on College Gamenight and there is no comparison. Come ESPN, take Swin off the air!!

2. melock

melock Active Member

The NBA financially supports the WNBA. The NBA is on ESPN. The NBA paid ESPN to put the WNBA on ESPN. You do the math. And she's one fine black woman. I'll give her that.

3. John

John Well-Known Member

It wasn't too long ago that Lawson and Dales were pretty terrible, so maybe she'll get better.

4. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

For some reason, Stacey Dales always looks angry.

So, um, yeah.

5. John

John Well-Known Member

Everybody seems to think that. I just don't get it. I don't think she's hideous, but I'd never call her hot, or even pretty.

6. John

John Well-Known Member

Sorry. I guess it's just me.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Wow, a second Swin Cash thread (I'm too lazy to find the first). Won't the peeps back in McKeesport be proud.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Funny, we were on Gillispie-watch in the office last night and we were discussing this very subject. LeBron James "underrated?" Huh?

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

ESPN's doing the same thing with Jennie Finch and fantasy baseball.

Swin's first go-around isn't pretty. I only caught her a couple times with Legler and Anthony, and she more or less followed Anthony's cue. One of them was a Dirk vs. Nash debate before the big game, and Anthony concocted some pro-Dirk argument by dissing Nash's lack of playoff success, to which Legler said "you didn't have a problem with it last year when it was LeBron."

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Pretty much, yeah

11. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Now that a thread has been started, I'll add that she really is a dreadful analyst. Maybe the worst on that network ... and that's saying something.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

But would you hit it?

Draft saved Draft deleted