1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sweet Jesus, I Hate The Democratic Party

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Aug 4, 2007.

1. ..or at least 16 senators therein.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/03/AR2007080302296.html?hpid=topnews

More powers for Fredo?
    More powers for Alberto Fucking Gonzales?
    To hell with the Bill of Rights and, for that matter, the concept of legislative or judicial oversight.
    Gutless fucksticks, the lot of them.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

They should have called his bluff.

Instead, the dissolution of the Bill Of Rights continues unabated.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Because this collection of frauds, foofs, incompetents and liars are spying on anyone they deem an enemy of the nation. American or foreign.

4. Read the story.
    It's not about the power to "spy on foreign subjects." It's about the power to spy, period, without a warrant and with no effective oversight. If you trust any president, R or D, with that kind of power, you're out of your mind. Moreover, it's become pretty plain that this guy was breaking all kinds of laws -- including FISA, which he's admitted to -- a couple of years ago, so many that the DOJ almost decapitated itself in response. This gives the criminal bastards a get out of jail free card on that, for all intents and purposes.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Hopefully someday the people in charge won't decide you're not the fine, upstanding American you think you are.

6. This is what happened to Better Safe Than Sorry:

Amendment IV
    The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

And Junkie, seriously now, given all we know about how the political arm of this WH ran everything from NASA to the DOJ, do you seriously believe they DIDN'T spy on political opponents? And, if so, why do you believe that? Bear in mind that, because of this latest rollover by the D's, we may never know.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I threw up in my mouth a little reading that Lieberman quote.

Fuck you, Joe. Fuck the fuck off, please.

8. Yeah, this guy should have MORE power.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/03/AR2007080302238.html

Nice job, Harry.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I saw the thread title and wondered what Ms. Slappy has put in my beer

10. Apologies to you and Ms. Slappy.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No apologies needed... just warn a guy first... dayum

12. Hey, I was picking up the shrapnel from my head at the time.

Draft saved Draft deleted