1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sweet Home Chicago

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Feb 22, 2012.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Romney's perfectly comfortable in his own skin. He's just not comfortable pretending to be a "regular guy".

And, as much as Dems mocked the idea of folks voting for Bush because they'd rather have a (non-alcoholic) beer with him than Gore or Kerry, you guys are benefiting from that now.

Who would want to have a beer with Mitt or Rick? I don't know if Mitt even drinks non-alcoholic beer. And Rick would bore the crap out of you.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

There are a lot of liberals who are unhappy/underwhelmed/disappointed with Obama's first term. A lot of that has to do with unrealistic expectations. Some of it is because they feel campaign promises have been unfulfilled... It's really nothing different than what most incumbent presidents face... Not everybody can be Reagan or Clinton...

Is it enough for them to vote republican? Never in a million years.

3. Mizzougrad96

This. Well-said...

4. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

Gallup has Barack Obama's job approval among liberal Democrats at between 88-90 percent.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/121199/Obama-Weekly-Job-Approval-Demographic-Groups.aspx

That's higher than Clinton was at this point in his presidency.

[​IMG]

Your assertion is incorrect.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Obama would seem to be vulnerable based on general unhappiness with the way things are going, but the Republicans haven't trotted out anyone who has a shot at taking him.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

As far as YouTube comments go, this one was unexpectedly clever.

If the president does it, that means it's not illegal.

7. Mizzougrad96

One would think that a good republican candidate could beat Obama. Then again, I'm sure the democrats said the same thing in 2004.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It's hard to test your premise as there don't seem to be any good Republican candidates in the mix.

9. Mizzougrad96

I agree.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

And in 2004, I thought Bush got his hat handed to him during the debates, but apparently lots of folks don't want a smarty pants for president.

11. Mizzougrad96

Well, they ekcted the guy who had the better grades at Yale. :D

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

What they don't teach you at Yale:

Draft saved Draft deleted