1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sweet Home Chicago

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Election over. Obama can sing the blues. Who knew.

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/02/obama-sings-again-115150.html

Next up, Mitt takes a shot at "The Thrill is Gone".

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

President Obama just seems so authentic, so comfortable in his own skin. Unlike old "the trees are the right size" guy.

3. Boom_70

Or singing Who Let The Dogs Out :

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Except when he's throwing a baseball. :D

5. Boom_70

That problem seems to run in the democratic party:

[​IMG]

6. Mizzougrad96

Wait til people hear Santorum's version of "100 Miles and Runnin."

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

SNL opening skit:

Cut to

Four captain's chairs on the set of The Voice

Keenan Thompson as Celo
    Bill Hader as the Maroon 5 guy
    Nasim as Christina Aguillera
    Paul Brittain as the Country Guy

Out on stage comes just a voice -- sining a pitch-perfect bluesy rendition of "Sweet Home Chicago". We are at the POV of the judges, can't see who is singing.

As the song continues, CeLo spins first, shocked to discover the man singing is...Fred Armisen as President Obama.

Cut to the family camera, with Andy Samberg as Carson Daly, special guest star Maya Rudolf as Michelle Obama, and Jason Sudekis as a track-suit-wearing, break dancing Joe Biden, cheering for their man's success

Cut to Obama still singing, as Christina Aguilera spins around, clearly clueless that it's the president she's looking at. She's confused as to why the contestant's in a suit and has two secret service agents next to him.

Cut to country boy spinning around, sees that it's a black guy singing, and immediately spins back around. Nevermind!

Cut to Maroon 5 guy spinning around, getting turned on by they sexy bluesy rendition, then suddenly lunging at Christina as the scene ends with the two making out madly as Obama comes up to serenade them, while Biden crashes onto the set to dance like a mad man with Ce-Lo.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

They all have some rhythm, don't they?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCsGSMze_6Q

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Barry's cool, Barack is a stiff.

10. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

The thread should end here! Well done!

11. Mizzougrad96

I agree... And I agree that these videos of him singing will make voters focus more on him the person, who they like, more than the job he's done as president, which has underwhelmed even the most liberal voters.

12. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

This is the second time I've seen you say this. Obama's approval among Democrats is in the high 80s to low 90s depending on the poll I look at. So I'm not sure what you're saying.

Draft saved Draft deleted