1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Swearing to God

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Corky Ramirez up on 94th St., Oct 6, 2007.

1. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

No, not the Frankie Valli song.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071006/ap_on_re_us/oral_roberts_scandal

Along with the leader stepping down last year for his homosexual "private life" (I forget his name), will it be coming out in the near future that televangelism is the biggest fraud this country has ever seen?

I'm not saying it is definitely going to happen, but it seems to me that televangelism just looks so far-fetched (perhaps because I don't live in the bible belt). I mean, look at Bakker, Pat Robertson...people throw thousands upon thousands of dollars at them and for what? To say, 'Yes, i'll pray for you to get your kitten back. Meanwhile, I need a new garage."

2. Flash

Flash Guest

Biggest fraud ... but what about Miss Cleo?

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Not saying to keep your head in the sand ... but doesn't the fact that a computer jockey was snooping around in someone's hard drive scream of invasion of privacy?

4. Underage Males....gooooooooooooo

5. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

If you ask someone to open your laptop and look inside, that's not snooping.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

And the smart move would've been to delete the file, but having people rummaging through your Word files to see their content ain't cool.

You can check if a file is corrupt without opening it, as I understand things.

7. Televangelism IS one of the biggest frauds in the country. It's a radical and deceitful way to get money out of people and completely demean the Christian faith. It's one of the reasons why Christianity is looked down upon in the U.S.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

God needs his money in small bills.

9. Would that actually be news?

Draft saved Draft deleted