1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SWAC baseball tournament, SEC baseball series in Baton Rouge (Auburn, Fla.)

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by Carl Dubois, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Carl Dubois

Carl Dubois New Member

The SWAC baseball tournament is May 20-24 in Baton Rouge. Let me know if your paper needs it covered.

Also, I can help with the Auburn-LSU series (April 24-26) and Florida-LSU series (May 8-10). I'm a veteran of 25 years of daily newspaper sports writing, with nine years on an SEC beat. I covered LSU baseball from 2002-2008 for The Advocate in Baton Rouge and know what I'm doing. I have a season pass for LSU home games, so a seat in the press box isn't a problem. My working relationship with Southern University and coach Roger Cador is good, so working the SWAC tournament should be a natural fit for me. Southern is the host institution.

If you'd like writing samples or more details about my experience, send me a PM or e-mail me at carl1061 'at' gmail.com. You can also send a PM to Johnny Dangerously, my agent.

I have a few more details on an earlier thread.

Carl Dubois
    Baton Rouge

Draft saved Draft deleted