1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SVP on SC

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Sep 15, 2015.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Haha, that's true. Though that would be even more edgy!

Yeah, JackReacher, I'll fully admit I take it a little too seriously. I just have high standards for gambling talk. Mike & Mike don't make the cut.

2. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

And then they decide to pair him with Danny Kannell. They tried a new segment today and it was a train wreck. I think they like each other but they don't work well together.

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Was a captive audience on NFL Monday yesterday, the easiest day to be a sports radio host.

Rusillo is a good offensive line coach. Not a head coach.

That's the biggest mistake radio executives make is thinking a good sidekick would be a comparable host. Two entirely different skill sets.

Although when I listened to the other guest hosts for Cowherd for five weeks, they also had holes in their games.

4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Anyone can be a backup QB for a series (filling in for a show) but to have your own show takes planning and purpose.

Rusillo feels like a guy trying to hang onto a job and not a guy trying to create a show that matters. Big difference.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

... before the ink dried on the first contract between Draft Kings and the NFL.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Again. It's not that difficult to figure out which guys take gambling halfway seriously and are more likely to actually bet on the games they pick and which ones makes weekly picks because they're told to. Especially not difficult for someone who takes it so seriously and has high standards for gambling talk.

Anyway, is SVP's show on time most nights? I would think it gets pushed back when it follows live events, no? Makes it a real hit-or-miss thing with the DVR, I guess.

SnarkShark likes this.
  7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

What a cheesy cult of personality thing, having the silhouette of his headphone and glasses. Will they change the icon if he changes his frames?

8. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Midnight eastern Monday through Friday.

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Loving it so far. So much better than all the d-bag guys they trot out on the LA show. I hate the pairing of Neil Everett and Stan Verett with a passion. And Buccigross for some reason. I liked him fine when he was on with Hannah Storm in the mornings, but now I despise him

10. JackReacher

It's amazing to me how much SportsCenter people still watch.

11. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Until this move, I had only watched it a handful of times in the last 10 years.

12. JackReacher

I'll try to remember to watch tonight. I assume it'll follow the Clemson-Louisville game.

Draft saved Draft deleted