1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SuzynWaldman/ John Sterling Support Group.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I am already want to toss my radio through the window. I will not last the season listening to Waldman and her homer act.

With Andy Pettite winning tonight she is practicly lactating.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Thanks for the mental pic...

3. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Georgie girl sucks ass. There is no escape.

Duhhhhhhhh broadcast sucks!

4. they're so bad it's so great

5. I am already want to sympathize.

6. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

I feel sorry for Sue. Think of the dry cleaning bills she racks up sitting next to Sterling at the end of Yankee victories.
    Yan-kees win! Thhhhhhhhhhhhh (squirt) Yank-kees winnnnnnn!

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

(we are watching too much Borat.....trying to find our voice. Anyone can do Gary Smith.)

8. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I'll listen to Hall-of-Famer to be Denny Matthews on my XM any day. I've heard Yankees' broadcasts before. What's the fucking sense in screaming thuhhhhhhhh Yankees win every fucking time? It's the radio version of Hawk Harrelson. It's the celebration of a two-year old... and this from an organization that thinks the sun rises and sets out of its own ass.

It's been a long night, and I really hate that guy. Thanks for the chance to vent. :)

9. donnie23

donnie23 Member

I just got XM this year, in large part so I can listen to baseball broadcasts while driving. I've heard the Yankees a few times already, and it's just painful. When Sterling -- of ALL people -- is coming across as the objective one, it's disgusting. I'm trying to figure out what it is Waldman adds to the broadcast. When Sterling stops on the PBP for a few seconds, you can almost hear her diving for the pre-game info for some useless stats or information. It's panic. When she made a decent point about the silly cold-weather scheduling in the early season and Sterling, seemingly shocked, concurred, she then repeated the identical point for the next four innings. Ugh.

Tonight, I was actually happy to get home and switch over to Extra Innings and listen to good ol' Bert Blyleven on the Twins TV broadcast tonight.

10. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Well, you can watch Michael Kay ... oh wait. At least Ken Singleton is pretty good (in my opinion) ... can you try to mute - unmute - mute - unmute - mute for an entire game?

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

The real bad news is Jim Kaat retired, leaving no voice of reason or intelligence on any Yankees telecast or broadcast.

12. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

BTW, speaking of Hawk, why is he not doing the White Sox/Oakland series?

I have never heard Waldman, only Sterling and Charley Steiner, when he was on the team. I felt like reaching into the radio and choke Mr. "Thuuuuuuuuuh Yankees Win!" Man and break his neck.

Draft saved Draft deleted