1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Suzyn Waldman in "The Crying Game"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by goalmouth, Oct 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Oh, I see. Yeah, that is strange. Not sure she was considering that in the equation.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

So this isn't your first time seeing this then?

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

The most hilarious part, for me, was Sterling giving Suzyn the "don't worry now, Joe will land on his feet" speech after she almost started bawling. It was like a father trying to comfort his daughter on moving day. "Don't worry, sweetie, you'll make new friends and so will Joe! And you'll still see one another when we come to visit grandma every Christmas! I know it doesn't make sense right now, but dry those tears and I'll buy you a milkshake."

And boots, I was wondering, can you tell us again, pretty please, what it was like when President Kennedy gave you your all-American award? I love that story. You know, the one where you drank 12 cokes, had to pee, shook JFK's hand, then wen to the bathroom and had sex with Jackie O?

[​IMG]

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I got choked up from listening to it. ...

Wait. I confused "choked up" with "disgusted by the sound of snot." It happens sometimes, I guess.

Anyone who is in any kind of radio knows that crying on the air -- for whatever reason, aside from acting to a script -- is unprofessional. That doesn't mean crying or saying something emotional is not OK, but I don't think it was kosher here. Of course, she did display a good picture of the mood there, to her credit.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Fucking pathetic. And some people can't understand why 90 (Ninety) percent (at least) of the American sports audience

HATES THE NEW YORK YANKEES.

(ESPN and Fox, please take note.) ;)

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

That was horrible. Period. Her job is to communicate the mood to the listeners, not replicate it herself.

And yeah, Sterling comforting her was hilarious. "He's going to land on his feet!" Gee, ya think? I feared Torre may have to go back to the Frontier League.

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I'll have a chance to listen to it later when I get home. I'm afraid to even listen to it, given Georgie Girl and Sterling's fetish of mourning the end of another "Yankees heading towards another Dynasty and someone ruined it for us" season.

mark and boots, I'll make this easy on the both of you: Georgie Girl is a decent person...away from the mic. When she's on it, she has a hard time trying to keep her emotions in her purse and do her job.

Last night was no surprise. The both of them (including all of NY) acted like someone ripped the Rocket's heart out on the mound and ate it, and Joe is walking down death row instead of Suge Knight.

The Yankees, like Nebraska, is just another competitive team that has seen their glory days and their expectations are too fucking high and unreasonable.

8. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

I kept waiting for Sterling to say "It's 49-21, sweetheart."

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Waldman was awful - a fitting ending to a season full of embarrising moments courtesy of Waldman.

Between Waldman covering the Yankess and Crouse covering the Jets we were all treated to Lifetime Network style coverage.

Sterling talking to Waldamn reminded me when Charlie Steiner told Sterling that "the sun will come up tomorrow" after the Yankees lost to the the Red Sox in the ALCS.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

So, at least we're not saying Waldman has a penis, right?

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I think anything is posssible but she does seem to show often that she has the female gene when it comes to her understanding the game.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Reference to thread title.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.