1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Suzyn Waldman in "The Crying Game"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by goalmouth, Oct 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Anyone else here her lockerroom report after last night's game? Hard to believe this is allowed to go on in NYC.

2. boots

boots New Member

You don't know Suzyn. She's a big homer. But I have to admit, she's a tough cookie. I've seen her scrap to get her mic in interviews. I've seen her stare down beat guys.
    She does what she is paid to do and for that, I have to give her my respect. It doesn't matter what I may think about what she does, she does what they tell her to do.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

<s>There's no crying in baseball!</s>

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Wait, was SHE crying?

5. boots

boots New Member

Suzyn is an accomplished broadway actress. She can drop a tear in a minute.

6. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

goodness gracious.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

She gets paid to overwhelm the broadcast with her hysterical ramblings?
    Boots, go listen to the post-game. Your defense of here for this is just as big a joke as her conduct.
    And how do you know Goalmouth doesn't know Suzyn?

8. Upper Tupper

Upper Tupper Member

I thought she was still screaming about Clemens signing on.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It's all a run-on sentence, much like the listeners who have to hear her because there's no other option -- a sentence indeed.

10. boots

boots New Member

I don't know who goalmouth is but I do know Suzyn. I also know that her employers expect her to react the way that she does on the air. She's supposed to be a "pationate fan covering her favorite team with knowledge of the game."
    I don't know what you know about radio mark. I don't know what you know about Suzyn. But what I do know is that what she knows about baseball and radio.
    Hopefully, this will not start an onslaught but it needs to be said. You don't like her, fine. Many don't like her style. But I take exception to your coming off as if I don't know what I'm talking about or that it's a joke to defend her. You're stepping in shoes that are a little too big for you to fill.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Her adoration of the Rocket demonstrates that she has a good deal to learn about human character.

12. markvid

markvid Guest

It's unprofessional conduct. Period.
    Then if you dn;t know Goalmouth, don't say he doesn't know Suzyn.
    And the same for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.