1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

suspended for reporting

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by young-gun11, Nov 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

In all seriousness, do Bleacher Report "reporters" log on and post their own stuff without an editor seeing it? I'm trying to figure out, based on the first post on this thread, if he posted it directly or it went through an editor. If it went through an editor, was the editor "suspended" too? Or do Bleacher Report,ers, simply post at will?

2. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

That's a valid question. It sounds like it was posted directly, based on how it was deleted for not providing a hyperlink. If that was such a crucial issue, wouldn't an editor have required that in the first place before it was ever posted? Just guessing here.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So you stole your friend's scoop (if he's another reporter), or are bragging about breaking a story where the primary source is one conversation with someone I'm assuming is not Hugh Freeze, Pete Boone, Archie Manning or anyone else on the inside of the search committee's discussions.
    I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that your friend is in the know, but these kinds of stories are not written based on one phone call. If you're going to run with that, you really need to do more legwork.

And Hugh Freeze? Really? Ole Miss, as mediocre as it is, can't do better than that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.