1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Suspended Binghamton U. coach Broadus sues school, claims racial discrimination

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Baron Scicluna, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

http://www.pressconnects.com/article/20100326/SPORTS03/100326024/Binghamton+University+basketball+coach+Broadus+charges+discrimination+in+suspension

Kevin Broadus actually claims he's being discriminated against because he's black by the school because a secondary NCAA recruiting violation. I guess he's conveniently forgotten about the six players that were booted off the team for alleged criminal and other misbehaving deeds.

I can see him using this in an attempt to get a settlement from the school, but really? It's SIX players that were thrown off the team, not one or two.

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Broadus created this mess on his own. Binghamton fired his ass for letting a bunch of rogues run around, and not doing shit to stop it.

He isn't getting a dime, if it was me.

3. derwood

derwood Active Member

The most amazing thing is that he has not been fired.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

My guess is that they put him in limbo because they feared that termination would result in litigation. Now that the thing has been filed, they might as well whack him.
    The independent counsel hired by the university put forth a 100-page report that essentially said Broadus' impending claims of racism were absurd. In reading the report, I concur with its conclusion.

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

He hasn't been fired yet? What the fuck?

6. derwood

derwood Active Member

He is suspended meanwhile president and ad are long gone.

Draft saved Draft deleted