1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Worlds Apart

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Mar 26, 2015.

1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

The name in that group that stuns me is Kelly Wigglesworth, who has turned down multiple chances to come back.

2. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

I don't find Caroline either likable or unlikable. She and Tyler were sort of interchangeable in my mind in that they seemed to play very similar games. She got the edge through winning a couple of immunity challenges and having the immunity idol.

Mike isn't so much unlikable as weird.

Rodney and Dan are awful.

Sierra is invisible, either because of editing or truly coasting.

Will is the worst Survivor player ever.

So Mike is out next week, the weak and the awful gang up on Caroline and get her out after she's played her idol? Dan goes with Will and/or Sierra? Ugh.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I don't like him either, but he is clearly the most deserving this season.
    No way he makes the final.

4. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Yeah, you wouldn't think so, unless he finds another idol or goes on a immunity idol winning streak.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Given who is likely on the jury at the end, who knows how it will play out. Would not be surprised if they go for a less deserving player out of spite at all.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Every decision every player makes on Survivor ought to be a "who can I beat at the end" decision. Just sayin'. Tyler had to go. If he or Mike made/make the final, they win.

Carolyn has quietly become a factor and if she makes the final, she beats anyone except Mike.

7. bigpern23

I read Dalton Ross's Q&A with Probst yesterday and he said that if Mike or Carolyn win, any votes cast for them for the Second Chance season will not count. Could be a smokescreen, but he's pretty candid, so I buy his explanation.

8. bigpern23

I'd like to see Rodney get voted out soon just to get his reaction. Also, I think he'll be gold as a jilted jury membah at final tribal.

Next week should be interesting. You have two alliances of three, but Dan's double vote could (and probably should) come into play. Unlike most seasons when it gets to 6, Dan, Rodney and Will don't have to scramble to recruit anyone to their alliance. Dan can tip the scales by himself.

But what becomes intriguing is that Dan and Will have virtually no shot at winning an individual immunity at the Round of 4. At the very least, I would peg Mike and Carolyn as most likely to win the final immunity challenge. So who among Dan, Will and Rodney will think far enough ahead to guarantee themselves that they get taken to the final tribal if Mike or Carolyn win final immunity?

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

When does Dan have to use his double vote? Hell, I'd save it for final four to guarantee me a spot in final three. He shouldn't have to beg too hard to be carried to the final in any case. I don't think he has many votes in that jury pool.

10. bigpern23

I don't think the clue said anything about a cutoff, so conceivably I suppose he can use it at that point (although since idols can't be used after the round of 5, it's possible the advantage would expire there). With a 3 v. 3 set up for next tribal, I think he's probably wise to use it now. Then he becomes a swing vote and he can side with either the remaining duo from the Mike/Sierra/Carolyn alliance, or he can stick with Will and Rodney.

As you noted, I think whomever wins the final immunity would want to bring along, so better to use that advantage now and solidify a final three alliance than risk waiting until four, where he's probably going to get chosen anyway. Amazingly, he has a shot to win if he sits next to Rodney and Will (which would probably be the worst final three ever).

11. bigpern23

Also interesting is that I think Tyler was the only other player who knew about Carolyn's idol, so that could come into play this week and surprise Dan. In fact, if they can sniff out who Dan, Will and Rodney are voting for, she could play it, negate Dan's advantage and send him home.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Maybe if Boston Rod wasn't so useless in challenges he wouldn't have had to be such a whiny, petulant loser the other night.

To me the worst player who went a long way has to be Rick from South Pacific who did little, said less and somehow lasted until the final five. At one point late somebody said, "He isn't even playing the game."

Draft saved Draft deleted