1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Worlds Apart

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

It's a strange season.

I haven't thought much of Carolyn or Tyler, but maybe they're sharper than I thought.
    Right now I'd say Dan, Sierra and Will cannot win if they make the final.
    Mike could win. Tyler can win.
    Maybe Carolyn can win. I wouldn't have said that a few weeks ago.

Most shocking, maybe Rodney could win if he makes the final.

And there have been two or three really interesting tribals.

2. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Tribals have saved this season. I'm sure it's tough to find someone likable who can hang around beyond the merge, but that's what this season desperately needs, that, or a villain who just kicks everybody's ass.

It's not as fun when they're all almost equally douchey.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I think Mike is fairly likable, but he's about the only one. I enjoy watching Tyler as a player and strategist, but he's not exactly "likable."

I thought it was interesting that after the merge the tribe immediately voted out the three best-looking players. Joe and Jenn were probably the most likable players this season and Jenn pretty much quit.

4. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

I finally caught up on episodes after being weeks behind. Dan is only 47? He looks a lot older. And I miss Jiggly Jenn bouncing around the camp. Great move by Mike at tribal council. I agree that could change Dan's alliance.

5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I so wanted to punch Rodney in the face through the TV screen. So what, it's your effing birthday, are you 6?
    He went on the show knowing he'd be gone on his birthday, so STFU.
    Here's an idea, win a freaking challenge and you can go on a reward.
    I hate hippocrits like him, cuz you know he wouldn't have given up his spot had he won.
    That said, they made the right vote tonight, but inched closer to a despicable final three.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Keeping Dan and voting out Tyler was clearly a "who can I beat at the end" decision.
    But I can't help but think that Dan's double vote is going to bite Carolyn or Sierra in the ass.
    Will is guaranteed final three. He's is one of the worst players I can recall.

Mike is dead man walking.

7. RecoveringJournalist

Yeah, seriously... He seemed like a petulant douche.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

We are looking at a possible final three of Dan, Carolyn and Will - the least likable final three since I started watching in 2008.

9. RecoveringJournalist

I've missed a season or two over the years. There have been a couple when both, or all three, choices are pretty bad, but that might be the worst.

I don't like Mike, but at least he would deserve to win.

10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Dan, Rodney and Will would be worse. Carolyn is just as unlikable, but at least she's playing the game well.

11. RecoveringJournalist

After yesterday's show, I would vote for anybody other than the birthday boy.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Considering that Mike and Carolyn are "eligible" for the Second Chance season, I'm guessing they don't win. That leaves Sierra as my likely winner.

Draft saved Draft deleted