1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Worlds Apart

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Joe reminded me a bit of Ozzie. Boston Rod's impression of Mike was spot on.

bigpern23 likes this.
  2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I find Dan much more annoying than Shirin.
    Maybe Shirin is hard to deal with around camp, but as presented in the show she seems fine, just weird.

Dan comes across awful. He seems luck a grad-A @sshole.

bigpern23 likes this.
  3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Agree with that, Dan comes across as a fucking tool. He should keep his shirt on and his mouth shut.

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Good episode Wednesday, but what an awful cast.

Is Will in middle school? His attack on Shirin was ridiculous, making it so personal. He is perhaps the most worthless Survivor ever, no threat in any challenge and not strategic either.

Who is there to root for? Shirin was crazy early, but now gets the sympathy vote. Mike is all over the place, Tyler, Sierra are Caroline (or is it Carolyn) are almost invisible and Dan, Will and Rodney are awful.

This has the makings of a truly terrible final three with no deserving winner outside of outlast, cuz outwit and outplay seem to be off the table.

5. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I don't think Shirin is getting any sympathy votes. I agree Will sucks, but how stupid do you have to be to turn someone down when they offer to sit out an immunity challenge?

It's an interesting season, but there is nobody to root for at all.

6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I meant Shirin would get sympathy votes from viewers.

I think she turned down Will's offer to sit out because he was so mean to her, and because he wasn't a threat to win anyway. Good for her.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Yeah, Will had no shot at immunity anyway, so she was just objecting out of spite knowing it wasn't going to possibly hurt her in the challenge.

Odd thing my wife and I noticed — Mike and Shirin voted for Jenn. Yup, they both did.

It appears to me that, realizing the other tribe was going to split the votes, Jenn told Mike and Shirin to vote for her since she wanted to leave anyway and Shirin wanted to keep playing. But it goes to show just how phony the editing of the show can be. There was literally no drama to be had at Tribal. Mike and Shirin obviously knew Dan was not going to vote with them and the producers didn't show any of the conversation Jenn must have had with them to tell them to vote her out.

Given how much Probst loathes quitters, I'm a bit surprised they gave Jenn such a kind edit so it didn't look like she was really quitting.

8. RecoveringJournalist

I don't know if that was it. You might be right, but I think Jenn was one of those people who didn't want to play anymore, but wasn't going to quit either. She seemed vindictive enough to want to fuck up other people's games before she left. I probably would have rooted for her to win if she had stayed, which is more a reflection on how unlikable this cast is than anything.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

They knew Dan wasn't flipping, so Jenn took the hit.
    They covered it up in editing, but that is the only scenario that makes sense.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

And Dan is still an #sshole. He just grates on me.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

She didn't want to quit, meaning she didn't want to pull herself from the game. But as she said the week before, she was happy to get voted out. I'm positive once they realized Dan wasn't going to vote with them that she told Mike and Shirin to vote for her. As Buck said, they covered it up in editing to preserve some drama to the episode, but everybody knew exactly who was going home when they went to tribal.

Obviously, I know they take liberties with the editing, but I was surprised they were generous enough to cover it up because Probst absolutely hates it when people quit on the game and he doesn't usually give them much consideration. I don't know how much control he has over the editing process, but I'm surprised he allowed it to be shown that way.

12. RecoveringJournalist

I remember years ago, Probst was on Stern and he said that the reason why they pulled the plug on a possible season of Celebrity Survivor was because they'd be worried that everybody would quit.

I don't have a huge problem with someone asking to be voted out, because half the time the castaways take that as, "OK, we don't have to worry about her anymore, let's focus on someone who can actually win."

Draft saved Draft deleted