1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Worlds Apart

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Mar 26, 2015.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I think you could sit next to Rodney, Dan, Will and Shirin and feel pretty comfortable you're going to win. Tyler, Carolyn, Mike, Sierra, Joe, Jenn and Hali are the ones who are playing for the million.

I'd be happy to see Joe, Mike or Jenn win. Poor Jenn. Stung on the vajayjay.

2. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

Why didn't they go after Mike? I understand keeping Rodney around as someone you could beat in the final vote, but I'd still want to get rid of him sooner rather than risk him winning immunity challenges later.

3. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

It seems like a long time since someone used an immunity idol that actually saved them.

4. bigpern23

Jenn and Hali didn't trust Kelly, who had said she would vote with them but was clearly still Blue Collar. I agree, voting for Mike would have made more sense, but Jenn admits sometimes she lets her emotions sway her, so I think that was the case here. They had been playing with Kelly and felt like she lied to them. Mike was simply a guy on the other team.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

getting rid of mike would've definitely been a better play, but they unknowingly got rid of mike's tightest ally.
    mike and the mailman will continue to work together. the dumb guy and the horse girl have no real blue allegiance now.

6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Not feeling this season. Other than Joe, who will be voted out as soon as he loses a challenge, there really isn't anyone to root for, or even that likable.

And what's with Dan? As annoying as Shirin is, you can't talk about slapping a woman.

I wonder if these people watch the show and cringe, or do they just blame to edit? I think Dan may get it, but Rodney is such a douche, he won't see himself that way.

7. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Usually I am a fairly dedicated Survivor fan but for whatever reason I am not into it this year. Have a bunch of episodes on the PVR that I will never watch.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The odd thing about Survivor is you know they edit the season to make it as interesting as possible, they already know who the final two/three are. but with about seven weeks to go I think I could only ID maybe three of the players who are left (Will, Shirin and Dan) and that has more to do with their appearance than by anything they've done in the game.

9. bigpern23

I'm surprised this seems to be the general sentiment around this season. I think it's been interesting with most tribal councils being pretty suspenseful and a couple of meaningful blindsides and the idol play by Jenn. I think it's been pretty good.

10. bigpern23

Decent episode this week, though not as suspenseful as some other recent eps. Rodney's impressions were hysterical and for the first (only?) time this season he actually seemed likable. Looks like he's back to his old self next week based on the tease.

Too bad Joe got booted, but he simply wasn't a good enough strategic player. He was on the cusp of being good, but he wasn't quite there. I thought the fake idol play was brilliant, but he screwed it up. When Mike told him he wouldn't vote for him if Joe gave him the idol before the vote, it made no sense for Joe to give it to him. If it were a real idol, you would just play it, not give it to Mike - and Mike obviously knew that.

If it were me, I'd have shown Mike the idol during their conversation and told him I was going to play it. I'd also probably have worn it into camp and let everyone know I have it and I'm going to play it tonight, so don't bother voting for me. His only shot was to intimidate the rest of them into voting for Jenn.

Also, Joe noticed that Rodney doesn't really like Mike, yet he never approached Rodney about flipping. That made no sense. It's interesting that the Blue tribe's alliance (including Will, Carolyn and Tyler) is in total control even though I think Mike and Dan are the only ones who are really solid. Sierra, Rodney, Will, Carolyn and Tyler are all wild cards and could flip at any time. The fact that blues are still running things is kind of incredible.

11. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's unfortunate when someone who is so good at challenges has a pretty mediocre social game.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think Shirin is angling to be that annoying player that everyone wants to bring along to the end because they KNOW nobody will voter for them.

Draft saved Draft deleted