1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Tocantins

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CUinthenewsroom, Feb 8, 2009.

1. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

deceptive as in lying to your players about your absence from the team?

and i'm not sure i've ever in my life heard as big a bullshit line as the "giving instructions with my eyes" crap. are there rules against leaving a survivor contestant behind when the season is done?

2. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Hey coach, can you see what instructions my eyes are giving you?

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

This guy is a JDV-caliber self-important buffoon ...

http://www.coachbenwade.com/

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Jerry on Coach:
    ... what I'm thinking in my mind is that a guy who's done as many adventures as Coach has done, and I never saw him start a fire. And on the truck [at the beginning] he wasn't the strongest guy that was carrying most of the load. So I'm thinking in my mind "This guy's putting on a good front. He's pretending to be this macho hero when really he's not."

www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-jerry-sims-talks-about-his-time-on-survivor-tocantins-8525.php

5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Another interesting quote from Jerry:

Reality TV World: I just want to clarify something that you said on in your Final Words -- Do you really think that competing on Survivor was tougher than what you had done serving in Afghanistan?

Jerry: Oh yeah! (Laughs) I mean, in Afghanistan people are trying to shoot you and kill you, but as far as the essentials that you need to survive, in Afghanistan I had everything that I needed. I didn't have any need for anything. But on the show you have a need for everything. You need shelter, you need food, you need water, you need supplies, you need medical attention, you need anything. In Afghanistan I had all that at my disposal. That's why I said it was tougher than Afghanistan.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I guaran-damn-tee half of what that doofus says is a lie.

7. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Exactly! While watching I thought how much I'd love to see somebody walk up and kick him as hard as they could right in the groin and then watch Ben double over in agonizing pain. (I can't call this douche coach.)

8. The best part with Coach this week was what he said after he talked about being so true he couldn't be around fake people (or whatever). He said to other survivors, "You can because you socialize with them."
    So not only his he the greatest living human, but the other survivors are complete scum, and he tells them that.

9. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

That is a very well done, very expensive web site.

Wow.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I don't watch Survivor, but this made me love Jeff Probst:

:D

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I would think it impossible, but that is creepier than the man himself.

Obviously a bonus baby.

12. He's full of those kinds of comments, his blogs are a must read for me every week. I imagine they are more interesting if you watch the show, but even if you don't, he has some good one-liners.

Draft saved Draft deleted