1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Tocantins

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CUinthenewsroom, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Survivor starts up this week, the usual time. TV Guide channel had a preview yesterday with Sugar as the host. Things are going to get crazy from the start and it sounds like they want there to be lots of twists this season. I won't ruin the first twist (Probst revealed it on the preview show), but there will now be 2 people sent to Exile each week and they will have a chance to mutiny (join the other tribe), when they return to the game. We'll see how that goes.

Cast can be found here: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/bio/ They are pretty photogenic, as usual. There is also a multi-millionaire this year, the founder of Bear Naked.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Dude, one of the girls from SWV (Eddie George's wife) is on there. Taj.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Oh, and that guy (Brendan, who is the hottest one, easily) founded BEAR Naked. Not Bare Naked.

4. Thanks I knew I was probably spelling that wrong. It's fixed.

5. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Okay, so which of the himbos becomes Probst's mancrush this season?

6. First impressions:

Good first episode, although some people didn't get much face time ... including Sydney, who I now have an undying crush on. Her limited time was enough, she's just flat out gorgeous.

Sandy is nuts. And I am not sure if it is in the good, redeeming way or the batshit way. I can see how Carolina might have rubbed some people the wrong way, but I'd have been pissed at Sandy for cheering when she found out she was getting a helicopter ride (booo Probst for pointing it out and stopping her) and then doing nothing at camp. And, on top of being crazy, she clearly is not very bright ... She was there for 4 hours and couldn't find the first clue? And then didn't understand it once she found it?

And finally, was I the only one creeped out by Tyson getting drinking water in the nude? I mean, I am sure there is plenty of weird stuff in the water anyway, but I don't really want some dude's junk dangling over the same water he is filling up out drinking container with. I'm sure it was harmless, but they couldn't boil the water at that point (no fire) and it seemed like he needlessly got naked. Also, if he doesn't turn out to be gay, I could see him and Sierra hooking up. But with that man tiara comment, I'm not sure.

Any thoughts?

7. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

sandy: "what's a pace?"

8. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

I thought it was a hoot Sandy didn't know what a pace was. And I was sad to see Carolina and the twins depart. But nice of Sierra to give America a blurred-out crotch shot in the first episode!

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

How do you not know what a pace is? Does she think it's some kind of metric measurement?

So now we get to look at the clueless crypt keeper for at least another week, instead of Carolina's lovely boobs. Reality really does bite.

10. They really were quite lovely. Honestly, Carolina kind of annoyed me, her high voice. but yeah.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Sad. Two fewer reasons to watch this show. That was a dumb move on Sandy's part. At least collect a stack of firewood or something to show for your time there. Glad they just didn't toss the two voted "off" first - that would have been quite weak.

12. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Sidney, for my cash, is the hottest woman the show has ever had. Certainly the prettiest face. Ahead of Ami (my favorite lesbian ever), Stephanie and Heidi.

Wow.

Glad they voted out Carolina.

Draft saved Draft deleted