1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SURVIVOR SOUTH PACIFIC

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by printdust, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I'd think even if the merge wasn't set to happen right away, the producers would change their schedule and make it happen right away. This has the chance to be amazing. I don't know if Ozzy and Cochran are good enough actors to pull it off, but the potential is there.

And the praying is way out of hand, but it doesn't really bother me. Whatever floats their boat. I don't have any problem with the network including it. If anything, by showing it without comment, they're making it look stupid, by including, for instance, the prayer before Coach "found" the Idol and Brandon's subsequent campaign to have the event listed by the Church as a bona fide miracle.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's a bold move, but even if it works how big will the target on his back be when he comes back?

He was in no risk of being voted out before the merger. He has the idol and he's one of the best at challenges in the history of the show.

Stay in the game.

3. Bold? Yes.

Stupid? Without a doubt.

Sorry, I don't see this as anything but one of the dumbest moves in Survivor history and it's all to feed Ozzy's enormous ego. I haven't seen his other seasons but I'm told he's done dumb things before. It'd be hard for me to believe this isn't at the top of the list. He says his focus is on winning the game this time. Well, asking your tribe to vote you out would certainly run counter to that. And you could tell by his "this could be one of the most iconic moves in Survivor history" comment that he cares more about being some sort of star than actually winning the game.

His ego has clearly gotten the better of him. And while maybe Ozzy has a terrific track record in challenges, he's looked anything but unbeatable in the ones he's done so far this year. Meanwhile, the person he's going to take on at R.I. has been on an absolute tear so maybe it's not as much of a sure thing as he believes.

As stated above, if you are one of the best at challenges in the history of the show AND you have the idol, why would you do anything that puts you just a silly R.I. duel away from going home?

4. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

Agree and why are they so worried about Christine? Have they not been watching the challenges? She has made it pretty clear she hates her old team. She is on their side. You don't want to eliminate her. Win the challenges, send more blue over to redemption and let her take them out.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The other obvious factor is that without Ozzy, they're going to struggle badly in challenges. Hell, they weren't winning too many with him.

6. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Cochran could be in a great position. In the tease for the next episode they obviously point out how powerful his position could be, but beyond the multitude of ways he could uber-fuck Ozzy physically weak players constantly on the verge of getting voted out usually get a reprieve after the merge as the crosshairs shift to the physical threats and tribe leaders. Whether the double agent thing pays off or not, he could piece together a quiet, cross-tribe alliance, let the big dogs knock themselves out and emerge in charge near the end. Maybe playing the "Cochran ousted Ozzy" lie even hurts him.

7. printdust

printdust New Member

Are you kidding? Cochran's an immunity challenge machine.

8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I was hoping Cochran would play the immunity idol that was given to him to cover his ass in case the others didn't go along with the plan to vote off Ozzy.

9. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

I said the same thing to my wife last night! That would have been some excellent drama going forward.

Ozzy would be the obvious target once the merge happens, especially since his tribe doesn't have numbers.

He thinks RI is his only ticket to win, though I think his ego is doing the talking. He wants to tell anybody who will listen of his master plan to go to RI and win his way back through the game.

Should he run the table at RI, he won't be voting anybody out during tribals, therefore he won't be pissing anybody off.

Don't know that could win him the vote in the end--if he even gets there.

But there is no in between for him. He has to win, or this goes down as the most colossal blunder ever.

10. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

He has to get back in the game or this is ONE of the most colossal blunders ever. Remember the guy who gave away his immunity idol before tribal "to make amends" for something that was insanely inconsequential anyway, then was immediately voted out? Remember Tyson on Heroes and Villains, blasted by Russell's hidden immunity idol plan that only worked because Tyson himself decided to vote for someone random for no apparent reason? That move unraveled Rob's whole alliance and basically set the final three, all in the first vote after the merge. Asking to be voted off would be up there, but I don't know that it's a clear cut "dumbest move ever" considering his competition on R.I. and his own skill at the challenges.

Also, I think Ozzy assumes he'll only be on R.I. for a day, that after winning "next week's" R.I. challenge, he'll be brought back into the game, just as that guy last season was.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm half-surprised Cochran hasn't been tagged with the nickname Gilligan.

12. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Coach: ON YOUR KNEES AND THANK GOD NOW!!!!

Ummm... okay.

Draft saved Draft deleted