1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: San Juan Del Sur

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Sep 25, 2014.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

He went to the final, IIRC. Boston Rob's performance that season was the best of any Survivor contestant in the history of the show. There was absolutely no drama to that season, but it was still fun to watch how well he played the game.

2. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Agreed. Rob's all-star performance was up there as well, but he didn't win despite dominating every aspect of the game in large part because he pissed too many people off.

Of course he did marry the winner, so he didn't do too badly that season.

3. bigpern23

Wow. Drew really fucked that up.

4. RecoveringJournalist

Yeah, it's almost never a good strategy to throw an immunity comp.

5. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Drew is a true dumb shit. Throws the challenge without running it past anyone then says if they would have kept him around he would have won. Sure you would have! You're such a clueless fuck you didn't have any idea the blindside was coming but you would have lasted another four weeks!

6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Last night's was perhaps the most boring Survivor episode ever. Only one challenge, which was a rout, and lots of sitting around and talking.

I would have liked to see the tribe dynamics work out a little longer before the switch, especially since the one side (who ever remembers the names?) finally lost a member.

I'm surprised Jon and Jaclyn sided with Baylor and her mom. Dale and Kelley seemed like more trustworthy allies.

7. bigpern23

Agreed, totally dull episode. Also, Jaclyn has already been burned by Baylor, so I have no idea why she and Jon sided with the traitor and her rice-ravaging mother over Dale, who has been surprisingly useful, and level-headed Kelly.

Keith was the big winner in all of that. He and Dale can easily form a small old guy alliance and try to swing Jon and Jaclyn to their side.

That said, I'm curious how long this tribe switch will last. They usually merge at around 13 players, which is now what we're down to.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think this season will pay off toward the end. You've got the blood and water stuff and using exile island to nurture cross-tribe alliances instead of dumping contestants might lead to more switch-ups.

9. bigpern23

Are we done with Exile Island? No reward challenge this week and, thus, no exile. Did I miss an explanation on why there was no reward?

10. RecoveringJournalist

I like the tribe switch. Adding the dynamic of voting off a loved one and immediately having to deal with the people who did so should add a ton of tension to the mix. The previous way, it only happened at challenges until the merger.

11. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Next week could be interesting based on the preview, where Probst said how needy the one tribe was and how it was going to be costly for them to get what they want. Could they have to vote somebody off?

12. bigpern23

It's still unfathomable to me that Baylor's mom could come from the tribe that exhausted its rice after 11 days and then started doling out double portions at her new camp. I didn't even know who she was until this episode, but I totally soured on her immediately.

Draft saved Draft deleted