1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: San Juan Del Sur

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Sep 25, 2014.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Figured this deserved its own thread, rather than the Rocker thread.

The firefighter (Jeremy?) looks like a savvy player thus far, but he's also playing the game pretty hard from the jump, which can sometimes frighten people. I like him, thought he did a good job of making the other firefighter feel good about why he selected him to go to Exile Island. That can be pretty tricky and Jeremy navigated it well.

As I noted on the other thread, Rocker is a beast in challenges. If it were my tribe, I'd keep him till the merge and then dump him as soon as possible. He could dominate individual challenges.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

This is "news"? ::) ::)

3. bigpern23

Lighten up, Francis. I put it on the wrong thread after reading the bumped up Rocker thread. Mods can feel free to move it. Take a moment to unbunch your panties, take a deep breath and repeat after me: "This is just a message board. This is just a message board." ::) ::)

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

new season started?

5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

You know Rocker will do and/or say something stupid and get his ass voted off.

6. bigpern23

Here's the thing … if he's the asshole sports fans know him to be, he'd be a valuable ally because he can help you in challenges, piss off enough people to take the heat off you and be a great person to sit next to in the final.

7. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

If I'm in Rocker's tribe, no way do I target him early because he's such a physical threat. If he starts being a lunatic, that's another story.

I thought I saw something somewhere that he made a recent comment that Survivor was the worst thing he's ever done. If that's the case, I'm not guessing he's there too long, but who knows?

8. RecoveringJournalist

I know he's a celebrity, but CBS letting Rocker promote this season is usually a tell that he doesn't make it to jury.

They did the same thing with Jimmy Johnson when he was on.

9. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Nice to see one half of the sisters voted out. Their voices are like chewing tinfoil.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

as chagrined as I was to learn they were bringing Exile Island back this season - that they are using it to foster cross-tribe alliances instead of should play dividends down the road.

Always fun seeing someone get voted out with an idol in their pocket.

11. RecoveringJournalist

I sort of felt last night that Probst set Rocker up to be voted off. To be fair, Rocker took the bait and ran with it.

I loved how Probst pretended not to know about Rocker's past, although he might have been intentionally playing dumb because Rocker hadn't completely admitted who he was to everyone.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Rocker seemed to be yet another physical beast with little feel for the social game. Having said that, the other Twinnie must go. Quickly.

Draft saved Draft deleted