1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Redemption Island

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by printdust, Jan 27, 2011.

1. printdust

printdust New Member

Sorry if this is a db, I didn't see another thread.

Did anyone notice during the conference championship games Sunday that Boston Rob and Russell are baaaaaaaaaaaaack......

If they work together, it could be interesting, although I can't see any group of rational people letting either/both get a foothold. The producers have to have some built-in guard against that, at least early.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm tired of both of them. This is Russell's third appearance in four seasons and Boston Wahb's fourth time total.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

There is another thread, but who cares...

They can't just be regular players because if that's the case, Russell will be voted off the first time they go to tribal council. I could see Rob hanging around for awhile, because he does so well in the challenges.

4. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I imagine Rob and Russell will be team captains and the tribes won't be able to vote them out.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Russell could last again, because people want to face him at the final vote.
    The guy has shown no understanding of the end game.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The only reason this will work - and I figure it will work - is the "redemption part." Easy to vote them off - but if they make it back, do you want them to be with you or against you? I'm guessing most people would want to be with them - until they junk the redemption part halfway through the show like they do all of their "twists."

7. Mizzougrad96

That's my guess as well.

Survivor probably had to pay $500K each to get them to come back. No way are they risking them getting voted out in Weeks 1 and 2.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to hear how many times "Hey, I didn't put your name down!" is uttered this season.

9. Mizzougrad96

I wonder if the show will survive if Probst replaces Regis Philbin on Regis and Kelly.

Draft saved Draft deleted