1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Redemption Island 2011

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Jan 11, 2011.

1. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

one more thing, instead of sending the jersey shore cast to italy, can't we arrange to send them on survivor and just not bring them back?

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

They're not doing this are they? I remember a few years back Probst said on Stern that they were going to do it, but that the producer was convinced that majority of the cast would quit early and they wouldn't have much of a show and that was with a group of mostly F-list celebs who were attached.

3. SteveRep44

SteveRep44 Member

That might have been the worst sequence of decision-making-by-the-idol-holder in Survivor history. Not only did she make it obvious she was hunting, she COULD NOT WAIT to start blabbing that she had it. And really, how much 'power' does having it give you this early in the game?

And Rob had her figured out in about 2.7 seconds.

I think the reason they give the losing tribe fire after the first tribal council might be for health reasons. You have to boil that water, no?

4. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

I thought I read where Ray Romano said he'd like to do it.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And the Africa season probably featured the fewest bikini shots of any season. Got to have the skin to win the ratings.

6. Mizzougrad96

I read the same thing. I doubt Romano's people would ever let him do it. Although I seem to remember two of the names that were attached were Brad Garrett and Gary Valentine who are both somewhat linked to Romano. Valentine is Kevin James' cousin and was on King of Queens, which was sort of a Raymond spinoff.

7. Mizzougrad96

If Russell lasts long this time, he really is one of the best players ever. I fully expect he will be gone in the next few weeks unless he finds an immunity idol (highly possible).

And no, I don't know any spoilers this season (thankfully).

8. printdust

printdust New Member

That's really good for me Mizzou. Because my family read too much into my reactions and learned more than they needed to on the last blow by blow account you found and shared with us. It's like ever since they've said "I don't want to hear it" when I comment on the show.

9. Mizzougrad96

It was funny because last season I decided I wasn't going to look for any spoilers and then a friend of mine who works at Fox told me about how he knew Jimmy Johnson didn't last long. As soon as he was gone, I wasn't particularly interested in the rest of the season and stopped watching.

This season is off to such a great start that I am glad I know nothing about the outcome.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Off-topic, but I think Gary Valentine is Kevin James's brother.

11. Mizzougrad96

Just looked it up and you are correct.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Cousins on The King of Queens. Easy to mix them up.

Draft saved Draft deleted