1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Redemption Island 2011

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Jan 11, 2011.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Just one will come back ... Francesca is there now and it's up to her to make fire, shelter, survive, etc. When the next person gets voted off, that person will go to a duel with Francesca on Redemption Island. The winner stays and lives (or continues to live) alone, loser is done. At some point, whomever is on Redemption Island will be allowed back in the game.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That's pretty good. For some reason I was thinking that whoever won the duel could immediately come back.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Corporate HR Types would term Francesca a LWTH. (lawsuit waiting to happen)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Kristina has some nice, um, assets.

5. Mizzougrad96

There is a small blonde girl on Russell's team that looks like she's been hit in the face with a shovel. She's not ugly, but she just has this really, really strange look to her face.

6. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

The winning tribe received flint from Probst. Why did Probst tell the losers they would have flint back at the campsite? Both teams get a reward?

7. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

agreed, especially the tribal council. and here's another vote that phillip is batshit crazy.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

maybe this is a stupid question but why couldn't they just use a torch from tribal council to light a fire?

9. Mizzougrad96

This early in the game they almost always make them put them out before they return to camp. A few times, usually if one team has lost 3-4 times in a row and still doesn't have fire, they've let them use the torches.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I've always hated that they GIVE them fire. I mean, the show is called Survivor. You'd think a couple of people might try to learn a few methods to create fire before showing up. It would make those people more valuable.

That's one quibble with the show. They give them so much in rewards challenges now, that the ability to fish, hunt, make fire or shelter or other skills that could make someone valuable are irrelevant.

The skills that matter: Strength, puzzle solving, social. It would be neat if survival skills mattered a little more.

11. Mizzougrad96

Apparently, it was a lot tougher in the first few seasons.

During my flight where I sat next to Big Tom for five hours, he told me that players started protesting during the season when Jenna Morasca was on (Amazon maybe?) and that they had to start busing players to tribal council during bad weather and would give more food rewards than just what was seen on TV. He said the weight loss wasn't as dramatic in the later seasons as they were early on.

12. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Did anyone else notice that there was a question mark behind "Former Federal Agent" when they showed PHhllip's name?

Draft saved Draft deleted