1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Redemption Island 2011

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Jan 11, 2011.

1. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Unless they are unreasonable, completely idiotic people -- and Rob does not strike me as one of those -- they should be able to easily live on whatever they've made for the rest of their lives. And their kids should be able to do it, too.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

They've earned what, $3 million from TV shows? That's like $75,000 a year if they live into their 70s (simplistic, I know, it doesn't take into account interest on investments, but it also doesn't devalue it for inflation). For a family of four, that's certainly livable, but it's not like they'd be rich if they both decided tomorrow never to work again.

Better to keep milking the cash cow for a few years while they can.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm not sure if they still live in Pensacola, but they had a house there shortly after Amber won All-Stars and my cousin, who worked on the Naval base at the time, said the house was very reasonable.

Who knows if that's changed...

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

They've earned a lot more than that.

They each won $1 million on Survivor.
    I think Rob has two "fan favorites" so that's another $200K
    He got $100K for finishing second on All-Stars.
    I think second prize on Amazing Race is $100K. They got that.

While I'm sure both weren't paid a ton for their first two stints on Survivor, I'm guessing Rob got at least $100K, and probably closer to $250K for his thrid and fourth appearances.

They got $500K to do Amazing Race. I don't know how much they got to come back and do all-stars, but I'm guessing it's close to that.

Probst said on Stern that they were paid "seven figures" to show their wedding on TV.

So at a minimum, that's another million.

Rob has said they made more to do the failed Reality Show than they did on Survivor.

I'd be very surprised if they haven't cleared at least $10 million total and that doesn't even take into consideration appearance fees.

Draft saved Draft deleted