1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Redemption Island 2011

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Jan 11, 2011.

1. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Boston Rob makes me proud to be a Terrier.
    Just like Bill O'Reilly, Howard Stern and the craigslist killer.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I like the guy.

3. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

Much as I want to dislike the guy, I can't. I think he's a fascinating player.

4. Mizzougrad96

His play during the all-stars season was the best play of any other season other than Hatch in the first season, and Rob did it against good players. I know he finished second, but he got the girl, who won the million, which he carried her to, won $100K and began to establish himself as one of the most famous reality stars ever.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It would make sense for CBS to add some hated high-profile alums - off course they'll be voted "off" - but the twist is, they could come back this year. Do you want a guy like that pissing out of the tent or pissing in?

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Or not. Here we go with "fame" again. I don't watch Survivor. Couldn't pick Boston Rob out of a lineup, and he was even on The Amazing Race, which I DO watch. But so many reality stars have gone on to become celebutantes, etc., that I don't think he even cracks a top 10 of most famous reality stars ever.

7. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I don't know, I think the redemption angle really undercuts the premise of the game. I hated it during Johnny Fairplay's season when two castaways came back.

I'm all for them trying new things, but this seems extreme. Like, I wonder if it's even going to feel like the same show.

8. Mizzougrad96

Well, you might be right because every cast member on Jersey Shore or The Hills is probably more famous than anyone who has ever been on Survivor, Amazing Race, The Bachelor and Big Brother combined.

But, assuming he is on the latest edition of Survivor, Rob will have been on Survivor four times, Amazing Race twice and was married on CBS. That's not bad...

9. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

What is Puck doing now?

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I just hope the increase the challenge budget. Fuck, the Diners/Dives dude on Minute to Win It has better challenges than CBS' flagship show!

11. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Either Mizzou wants to be Boston Waab or he is deeply in love. Have not been able to figure this one out yet.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Surprised there's been no talk about tonight's premiere yet. That was one of the best tribal councils I've seen. Rob really is a pro among amateurs. Phillip thinks he's a leader. Kristina thinks she's cunning. And Rob just sat there while the weakest alliance in history spilled its guts to him. It was like a Jedi mind trick.

Draft saved Draft deleted