1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: One World

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MTM, Feb 16, 2012.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

But Bill seemed like a pretty strong, likable player. He was - in terms of the game - "a threat." I'm curious if Colton's idol is now "moot." He just strikes me as a typical sheltered kid who thinks he's a "master of the universe" but just doesn't appreciate how small his universe is.

2. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I think to a large degree Colton is playing up the "crazy gay guy diva" crap. That's why he's being so flamboyant. That's why he's rolling his eyes 10 times per comment at tribal council, and why he was throwing a fit all through the first two or three episodes about how he didn't like the boys, only the girls. That's why he seems beyond happy to pull out groan-worthy one-liners every time they put a camera in front of him. "I'm an Republican, I don't believe in handouts"? A flamboyantly gay guy from a small city in Alabama going as far out of his way as he did to make fun of a little person and mock a black guy? Really? He's playing this dumbass, stereotypical role and he's doing it for shits and giggles. And the fact that I think he's faking it makes me despise him even more than his whole insane quarrel with Bill did.

Basically, if he's stupid enough to really talk to someone like that, he's a jackass. If he's enough of an attention-demanding ass clown to go on TV with his dumbass wrote-them-down-before-the-show or bigoted cracks and pretend to be like that, he's a jackass.

No matter how you shake it, things come up "jackass."

3. DanOregon

I looked it up - he's a student at Bama and went to a private school and an admitted "big fan" of the show. I think there is a lot of truth to what you say - he loves camera time and wants to make his mark on the game (kinda like Cochran) even if it ends up sinking him.

4. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

i don't think he's faking anything. he's just a dick.

5. DanOregon

Fun fact - Colton is a public relations major at Bama.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

That was just a patently stupid move to vote out Monica, particularly by the women. The tribe lost its strongest player when keeping strong players is still a good thing. You don't vote out the strong competitors until the merge. Until then, it's imperative to stay as strong as possible to try to win challenges.

And the women, who talked about how strong they were as a group and how dumb the men were for giving up immunity last week (which they were) just gave back the advantage they had gained.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

They should assign him to Saban next year.

8. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Down 4-3 in that group, I don't think the women had much of a say in it. And since the guys don't plan on allying with the women on their tribe, they probably aren't too concerned how many of them they bring into the merge.

Before the switch there were two alliances of five in the game, one among the guys and one among the women. With that vote, one of the five women is gone. Doesn't mean she can't be replaced or that anything's a done deal, but it gives that original group of five guys a leg up.

9. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Why in the world are they letting a douche bag like Coltin call the shots? It was classic at the start of that challenge when he got pushed and fell in the water. He doesn't exactly look like the type who has participated in many athletic challenges during his lifetime.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I think the guys could have been talked into voting out Tarzan. Jonas is a jellyfish (and a proud one a that) and Colton hates Tarzan. I think the women easily could have gotten them to go that route.

Frankly, I don't understand how everyone is letting Colton hang onto the idol this long. Survivor 101: If you don't have it, flush the idol ASAP.

Season after season I see people hang onto the idol for weeks at a time and I just don't get it. It really does hold a psychological edge over people.

11. Last night was a perfect opportunity to blindside Colton and vote him out while he wouldn't even use the idol.

I found great amusement in saying his punk ass pushed around during the challenge.

12. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

how do you reach adulthood and not know what an appendicitis is?

Draft saved Draft deleted