1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: One World

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MTM, Feb 16, 2012.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

The men choosing to go to tribal is the second stupidest move in Survivor history, behind the guy who gave up his idol and was immediately voted out.

And Colton is the worst person ever to play the game. If someone made the same comments about him being gay that he made about Bill being black or Leif being a midget, there would be tons of outrage.

It was great how Bill said Colton hates him for his differences while he appreciates Colton for his.

That was a great tribal council with Probst at his best.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I realize he has the Idol, but people are running in fear from Colton is beyond me. This is not a guy you want to take direction from. Looks like there is a tribe switch-up next week which doesn't bode well for Colton, and makes the move to tribal even dumber. Figure the women might have wanted to hold on to the idol a little longer before they handed the thing over to "the other tribe."
    Stupid players make for the best seasons - this one could be top 5.

3. Colton is one of the most vile human beings I've ever seen on a reality show. I don't watch a lot of the VH1 or MTV stuff but I'd imagine he'd fit right in on those shows much better than he would here.

I know it would make me a meathead and I'd be villified for beating up the gay guy but if he ever spoke to me the way he spoke to Bill at last night's tribal council, I'm knocking him out, plain and simple. Just goes to show you what a good person Bill actually he is. He couldn't have handled himself with more class than he did in his exit speech.

As for the move itself, I actually think it is the single dumbest move in Survivor history. If they don't mix tribes before a merge and the women end up with a numbers advantage at a merge, that won't even be up for debate because then instead of one person giving up and idol to get voted out, you'd have a whole team giving up an idol that led to their dismissal from the game.

It would have been absolutely tremendous if Colton had been voted out last night after he "masterminded" this great scheme. If any of those men had any balls, brains or both, they would have voted him off for even coming up with the idea of giving up the idol.

4. DanOregon

If I was Leif, I would have said "If I'm going, and we're going tonight - flush the Idol." Seems like only Tarzan was really against him.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

This is the dumbest move, trumping Tyson turning on his Rob alliance and Oz intentionally going to Redemption Island.
    Like those other two, this is a move that is all risk with no tactical or strategic advantage. It's completely nonsensical.
    When JT gave the idol to Russell, when Erik gave his idol away, when James got voted out while sitting on two idols - those were all dumb moves, but if they didn't backfire they could have provided a tactical and/or strategic advantage.
    Like Tyson and Oz, last night's move was completely nonsensical. Even if it doesn't cost somebody the game, it provides no advantage.

Dumbest yet.

6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

It's curious as to why, even if they hate each other, the men's tribe would give up what would have been a two-person advantage.

7. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Because the men are idiots. Lief should have grabbed Bill, the other guy on the outs (dark hair, don't remember his name), and anyone else except Tarzan to turn on Colton. I don't know why the guys are giving Colton such command of the group. He has an idol; it's not like he's forever safe.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

That was the worst, yet most entertaining, episode I may have ever seen. OK, why in the hell did Bill or Leif agree to go? It wasn't majority rules, it was all or none. Why would either of those two have agreed to it? WTF?? Wouldn't you take your chances that your tribe will just win three immunities in a row and shit would change to take you off the block?

Also, as Kokane said, why didn't Bill and Leif say, OK, Jay and other muscle guy, why don't you two vote with us and vote out Tarzan for coming up with such a stupid idea. It would have been four on four. Jay and OTM are screwed as it is anyway, so I would think they would have gone along with it. Hell, Jonas is a jellyfish, he would have floated with the tide.

Colton is a despicable person. Unfortunately, for all their bluster and talk of being men, the entire male tribe is made up of spineless eunuchs.

Oh, and Alicia is a bitch. And she's every bit as dumb as the blonde is.

9. DanOregon

Oddly enough the decision will probably work out well for Colton Crew, Bill probably would have "flipped" next week and been more valued by whichever tribe he ended up with, since there would have been only three of the "roosters" left.

10. bigpern23

Well, except for the fact that would have still only left them at 4-4. Even if Bill flipped, it wouldn't have given the "roosters" numbers. Losing the edge in numbers against the women is much worse for them than Bill flipping.

11. bigpern23

When asked directly by Dalton Ross of EW if Colton is a racist, Bill's response is: "Colton is an inexperienced person who feels the need to be strongly opinionated, but those opinions have no merit. You know, the term racist, I think, is reserved for the Hitlers of the world. Is he ignorant? Yes. Is he inexperienced? Yes. Do I believe he genuinely has a passion or a hate for people of color? No. Does he have a lack of understanding for people of different backgrounds? Absolutely.

12. bigpern23

Bill is pretty damn good on the EW.com podcast for those who want to listen.

Draft saved Draft deleted