1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Kaoh Rong

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Maybe she's tanking, but she also seems to have lost a lot of weight.
    Her weight loss could be affecting her stamina and strength. I'm just speculating. I know nothing about this kind of thing, but would people with a more average to high body fat percentage have an advantage over her in this situation when calories are so drastically limited?
    Others are burning fat; she's losing more lean muscle as a total percentage of her weight loss.

2. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

She was also on the Brawn team as a body builder wasn't she?

Body builders can be terrible athletes. Muscle for show and nothing else.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I do wonder if she gets spent more easily than we expect because she's in such tremendous physical shape, that she's not getting enough food to fuel her body.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

We usually see the big muscle-bound guys just flop early. But she seems like she's handling it well.

5. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Exactly! And if you remember, Debbie said early on she was calling the shots. Keep your mouths shut, people!

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Every time somebody says it you know it's foreshadowing the demise of that person.

7. DanOregon

The joy of editing. When Michelle (the brunette woman) actually is shown saying something I will assume it will be her last episode as well.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Huggy likes this.
  9. DanOregon

It had to happen sometime. Win a reward, something happens and you go home. Always thought it would be someone getting drunk and falling or getting stomped by an elephant.

10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

If I went on a reward like that, I would just want fruit and maybe cold cuts. I can't imagine gourging after a month on just rice and mangoes.

11. bigpern23

I imagine the food - any food - would taste so good, it'd be hard not to gorge yourself.

The medical evacuations have really killed this season. That's three episodes without a tribal council, and that really robs the show of drama and entertainment.

12. bigpern23

Pretty surprising ending to the weakest season we've seen in a while. All the medical evacuations really took a lot of the juice out of it.

As for the finale, I thought Tai was stupid to keep Aubry over Cydney (although it ultimately didn't matter). I thought if Aubry made the final three, she would definitely win. I also didn't think Michele had a chance. Michele really did well for herself at final tribal, though. She had good answers and I think the swayed a few jurors who were up in the air. She also made a good decision to cut Neal from the jury, because he might have made a convincing case for Aubry. That was a decent twist.

I thought it was strange that Probst didn't ask Cydney, who finished fourth, a single question at the reunion. I thought she played a good game and deserved at least a little screen time.

Last edited: May 23, 2016
Draft saved Draft deleted