1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Kaoh Rong

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Feb 25, 2016.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I had Neal winning the thing. Seemed like he could bring people together. Oops. It could be interesting with 4 beauty, 3 brains and 3 brawn.
    I wouldn't want Tai next to me in the final. After that it seems pretty even. On the other end, I think I'd want Debbie, Joe or the pretty boy next to me.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I would probably want Debbie and Jason sitting next to me. Debbie is so crazy, I don't think anyone would find her answers to questions to be believable and she'd probably come across as a combination of pompous and delusional. Jason has rubbed a lot of people the wrong way and I don't think anyone would end up voting for him.

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I told my wife that all the Survivors this year are either unlikable or invisible. Some, such as Michelle and Julia, have gotten very little screen time. Not much of Cydney either, and she's the only pleasant Brawn player.

4. bigpern23

This has definitely been downer of a season compared to last season.

I'm not sure I like the Brains/Beauty/Brawn division of players. They end up talking too much about it and it gets repetitive. Jason talking about pushing geeks in lockers is a pretty good example. It was a pretty good line, but I doubt he ever says something like that if not for being named to the Brawn tribe.

If there is a real social division among those types of people, it would be more interesting to see that happen organically. In a 10-person tribe, do the better looking people naturally band together? Do the smarter people tend to join up?

5. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Half way thru the episode and I am stunned at what a pair ofmorons Pollard and Jason are.

Nothing like giving the remaining people a common enemy.

6. DanOregon

Ditching the machete and ax was so dumb. That it was DISCUSSED blew my mind. Okay, and then what happens? It wasn't like they weren't going to be targeted anyway - only now A) it came off as petty and kind of tipped their hand and B) probably cost them the $1 million. Debbie didn't seem to listen to anyone. If she quit talking about what an expert she is in everything, maybe she would have picked up on the vibe.

7. Doom and gloom

Doom and gloom Active Member

This season should be called Survivor: Divas, Dumbasses and Dipshits.

bigpern23 likes this.
  8. WCIBN

WCIBN Active Member

Even if Scott Pollard possessed the mental game of Cochran, the challenge ability of Ozzy, the likeability of Colby Donaldson and the BS-ing ability of Boston Rob (which he doesn't), he had no chance of winning the game as soon as all of them found out he played in the NBA for 11 seasons. None of them would hand a $1 million prize to a guy that already banked $38+ million even if he deserved it.

9. bigpern23

The women were stupid to vote out Debbie, and suddenly Julia is looking like a potential winner.

The Pollard group has all the power now because they can use the super idol to gain the numbers advantage at next tribal (assuming Tai doesn't flip, like they teased in the preview).

Nobody is voting for Jason and Scot at this point, so Tai or Julia can win if they get to the final.

Tribal was great again this week. But there has truly been some boneheaded gameplay this season.

10. DanOregon

Great episode. Really broke the game wide open. There are seven players left and I'm guessing at least that many versions of alliances. You generally don't see moves made like that with an even number of players left. The crazy thing about that is Tai probably goes home if he doesn't make that play.

11. bigpern23

I'm not so sure about Tai going home if he doesn't make that play. He's still got the extra vote advantage, so if he smelled a blindside coming at 7, 6 or 5, he'd still be in good position to stop it. You take your chances with your alliance and immunity at 4.

I'm not sure I like the play for Tai. Is his plan now to go to the end with Aubry? Because she'll beat him. I think Tai's best play was to try to get to the end with Scot and Jason - he'd be a slam dunk to beat them both.

Julia and Aubry are suddenly playing really good games.

12. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

If Tai played the super idol, he may have gone home last night. It would have been a 2-2 tie between he and Aubry, and the remaining players would have voted again. There's a good chance the ladies would have voted him out. Since he wasn't voting, he couldn't have used his extra vote advantage.

Draft saved Draft deleted