1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Jimmy Johnson

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jul 21, 2010.

1. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Your reward: Nachos and Heineken on ice.

2. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Brad Garrett and Gary Valentine and the one you're worried about is Kathy Griffin? If anything she's more famous than the other two, though probably fairly on par with Garrett.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Griffin is a much bigger star than Valentine. I know a lot of people hate her, but she's a pretty big star.

I'm not sure she's as big a star as Garrett, but right now, it's probably pretty close.

4. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Garrett was on a highly rated show for 9-10 years. What the hell has Griffin done be considered a "big star"?

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Nothing. To say she's a "big star" or even a "pretty big star" is just absurd. Not even close.

6. John

John Well-Known Member

I actually thought that was lousy. Then again, I've been tired of Ferrell's act for years.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm surprised a celebrity is really going on a show like this that isn't a celeb edition. I don't think it will make him look good. I do wonder if people knowing who he is will make them more guarded in their comments about him.
    I was trying to figure out what he'd have to do to go incognito.
    Shave head, lose 20-30 pounds, grow a beard and show up pale as a ghost. But even then...

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Jimmy's ego wouldn't allow him to go incognito.

Gary Hogeboom did the show a few seasons ago. He was recognized by a few players right away, when they were doing the publicity photos before going to the island.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't know if I would recognize half of the starting NFL qbs today, let alone the back-ups from 20 years ago.

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Will he go after the good-looking gal?

11. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

There are a few quasi-famous people every now and then.
    Jean Robert Bellande in China.
    Eddie George's wife.
    Um, a semi-famous entrepreneur a year or two ago I'll be slightly embarrassed for forgetting.

Johnson will be larger than all of those, but it's not unheard of to have a semi-celebrity on there.

12. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

By virtue of her show, "Life of the D-List", you're right. But I didn't have to google her like I did Gary Valentine. I recognized him as "that guy that's sometime a small character on Raymond or King of Queens."

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted