1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

survivor - heroes vs. villains

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by txsportsscribe, Jan 4, 2010.

1. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

that is so depressing

2. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I would think all the high-profile returners would be easy and early targets. Like, it's hard to imagine Russell getting anywhere.

But, no one on this season saw Russell's season before they went to the island, so who knows?

3. Pilot, Russell should be fine. They filmed before the previews for his season started to air. He's lucky, because otherwise he'd be the first one gone.

4. Great first episode. Not shocked to see Sugar go, although I was hoping they'd go after a bigger player (Cirie, etc.).

Coach and Jerri. Who saw that coming? They'd probably be cute together, honestly.

And the preview for next week looks scary. Never good to see someone prone like that.

5. partain

partain Member

Definitely won't miss Sugar. It made my night when I realized they were doing a two-hour premier. I must have missed that in the four million commercials.

So far I'm liking this concept. But considering some of them are on their third time around, I hope this is the last season we see them on. At least follow the lead of some others and try to make your living off a variety of reality shows.

6. printdust

printdust New Member

Yeah, well, he's not dead for sure. No way would they have played that in.
    Actually I'm betting it's overplayed.
    I sure thought by way of the previews that the NY cop was going to be the one with the broke toe and separated shoulder.

7. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Pretty solid first episode overall. Interesting that Tyson is playing a FAR different game this time around and kind of just staying out of the spotlight.

Like that Russell is trying to play his same game and his team isn't really falling for it, per se.

How long do you think it'll be before he starts going idol hunting?

As for favorite at this point, I'm pulling for Coach but I think the leader in the clubhouse after one vote has got to be James. He's got the strength to be a valuable part of the Heroes tribe up until the merger and, is likable enough to make it further than most others.

As for my pick next week, I'd bet either Cirie or Sandra are gone.

8. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I was a little surprised that Sugar got the ax so quickly, but I could see where she would be irritating as heck. Nothing was as funny as her winning her part of the reward challenge sans top, then giving the finger to them. Speaking of which, what a challenge that was! Incredibly physical. Surprised there wasn't blood drawn.

Coach and Jerri...hmmm.....kind of interesting. Makes me think both of them will be around for a while so the editors can follow that. And I'm loving watching James so I hope he sticks around for a while. I don't get the love for Colby, but I didn't watch that season either so that may explain it. It's interesting how much they seem to know about Russell considering they supposedly didn't see that season.

9. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I think that's just a matter of what they're observing about him with their first impressions. No way would any of them have trusted him if they had seen his performance. Shit, in the first episode of Samoa alone he goes and creates truces with everyone only to stab them all in the back.

I think they're just leery of him because he's taking a bit of a leadership position in the tribe and, as we all know, players that do that are either really smart or really stupid. We'll have to see how far it gets him.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Re: Russell

I know they started filming right after the most recent season, but I got the impression they'd shown some footage to the all-stars. Several of the Villians were talking about what a strong player he was. And nobody had a "Who the hell is this guy?" reaction to him.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I read on one of the reality sites that Russell was there before he knew the outcome of the last season, which means, he thinks he's about to win (as he should have).

They should have taken Cirie out last night. They could have gotten rid of Sugar at any point.

12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Only you could root for Coach. Only. You. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted